Eagle Rock Entertainment
|Type||Subsidiary of UMG|
|Industry||Music, entertainment, music publishing|
|Genre||Rock, jazz, blues, R&B, pop|
|Founder||Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin, Julian Paul|
|Terry Shand (Executive Chairman/CEO), Simon Hosken (Chief Financial Officer/COO), Geoff Kempin (Executive Director)|
|Products||Theatrical, television, DVD, Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray, digital media, CD|
(Universal Music Group)
Eagle Rock Productions
Eagle-i Music Ltd
Eagle Eye Media
Eagle Rock Entertainment is an international producer and distributor of music films and programming. It operates two record labels (Eagle Records and Armoury Records), a full-service production company (Eagle Rock Productions) and a music publishing subsidiary (Eagle-i Music).
Eagle Rock Entertainment was founded in April 1997 by Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin and Julian Paul, three former colleagues at Castle Communications, with capital coming from BMG. It was later acquired by Edel Records and in 2001 entirely sold to the British investment company HgCapital for £34 million. In 2007 a minority stake was re-acquired by Edel AG. The Eagle Vision division was established in 2000. Eagle Rock Entertainment's headquarters are in London with offices in New York and affiliate offices around the world. In April 2014, Eagle Rock Entertainment was acquired by Universal Music Group. Universal Music's purchase of Eagle followed that of much of EMI. Terry Shand continues to lead the company as Chairman and CEO from its headquarters in London.
- Harrington, Ben (4 October 2006). "US bidders keen to do the Eagle Rock". Telegraph.co.uk. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "24-12-2001: HgCapital backs £34 million management buy-out of Eagle Rock Entertainment". HgCapital official website. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Edel Acquiring Share In Eagle Rock Entertainment". Mi2n.com. 16 May 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Universal buys Eagle Rock".
- "Past Winners Search: 2010 - 53rd Annual Grammy Awards, Music Video". Grammy.com. Retrieved 2013-11-21.