Eagle Rock Entertainment
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Subsidiary of UMG|
|Industry||Music, entertainment, music publishing|
|Genre||Rock, jazz, blues, R&B, pop|
|Founder||Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin, Julian Paul|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Terry Shand (Executive Chairman/CEO), Simon Hosken (Chief Financial Officer/COO), Geoff Kempin (Executive Director)|
|Products||Theatrical, Television, DVD, BluRay, 3D BluRay, Digital Media, CD|
|Parent||Universal Music Group|
Eagle Rock Productions
Eagle-i Music Ltd
Eagle Rock Entertainment is an international producer and distributor of music films and programming for cinema, television, DVD/Blu-ray and digital media. Based in London, Eagle Rock has produced and/or distributed live concert and documentary films and programmes in various formats, featuring Queen, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Moody Blues, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Toto, The Doors, ZZ Top, Gary Moore, Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, Peter Gabriel, Nirvana, U2, Metallica, Eminem, Dream Theater, the Talking Heads, Jeff Beck, Katy Perry and Supertramp among others.
Eagle Rock also operates two record labels (Eagle Records and Armoury Records), a full-service production company (Eagle Rock Productions) and a music publishing subsidiary (Eagle-i Music).
Eagle Rock Entertainment was founded in April 1997 by Terry Shand, Geoff Kempin and Julian Paul, three former colleagues at Castle Communications, with capital coming from BMG. It was later acquired by Edel Records and in 2001 entirely sold to the British investment company HgCapital for £34 million. In 2007 a minority stake was re-acquired by Edel AG. The Eagle Vision division was established in 2000.
Eagle Rock Entertainment's headquarters are in London, with offices in New York and affiliate offices around the world.
Eagle Rock Chairman and CEO Terry Shand will continue to lead the company from its headquarters in London.
Divisions and subsidiaries
- Eagle Records (Audio division)
- Sub-divisions include:
- Sub-divisions include:
- Eagle Rock Productions - (producers of music and factual programming)
- Eagle-i Music Ltd
- Harrington, Ben (4 October 2006). "US bidders keen to do the Eagle Rock". Telegraph.co.uk. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "24-12-2001: HgCapital backs £34 million management buy-out of Eagle Rock Entertainment". HgCapital official website. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Edel Acquiring Share In Eagle Rock Entertainment". Mi2n.com. 16 May 2007. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "Universal buys Eagle Rock".
- "Past Winners Search: 2010 - 53rd Annual Grammy Awards, Music Video". Grammy.com. Retrieved 2013-11-21.