|Full name||Efraín Álvarez|
|Date of birth||June 19, 2002|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2017–||LA Galaxy II||19||(12)|
|2016||United States U15||4||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 July 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 May 2019
Efraín Álvarez (born June 19, 2002) is an American-born, Mexican professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for LA Galaxy in MLS. Originally a United States youth international, Álvarez represents Mexico at youth level internationally.
Born in Los Angeles, California, Álvarez signed with the LA Galaxy II of the United Soccer League on August 2, 2017. In signing with the side, Álvarez became the youngest signing in USL history, ahead of the previous holder Alphonso Davies, at 15 years, one month, and 14 days. He made his first appearance for LA Galaxy II on September 9, 2017 when he was on the bench against San Antonio FC.
Álvarez made his professional debut for LA Galaxy II on October 7, 2017 against Portland Timbers 2. He came on as a 46th-minute substitute for Adrian Vera as LA Galaxy II won 3–2. In playing, Álvarez became the youngest player to ever play a USL match.
Álvarez was moved to parent club LA Galaxy ahead of their 2018 season, but was loaned back to the reserve team. Álvarez made his senior team debut on March 2, 2019, and assisted on a goal during a 2–1 victory over the Chicago Fire.
Álvarez is eligible for the United States and Mexico, having been born in the United States to Mexican parents. He currently represents Mexico at youth level after playing for the United States at youth level, and has stated "I'm not closing the door on anyone. I could still play for the U.S. or I could keep playing for Mexico. But I'm with Mexico right now and that's my focus."
Álvarez originally represented the United States U15s. In April 2016, he served as their captain at the 2016 International Festival of Fútbol in Rosario, Argentina, starting all three matches and leading the United States to the title. In the opening match against Talleres de Córdoba, Álvarez scored three goals and assisted two more goals in a 5–1 victory. He also scored against Uruguay U15s in a 2–0 win. In June 2016, Álvarez was again called to the United States U15s, for a four-team tournament in Zagreb, Croatia in which he made one start against Croatia U15s.
Álvarez then switched to represent Mexico U15s in September 2016. He scored a brace for them in a friendly 7–0 win over the Cayman Islands U17 on 11 August 2017. He also represented the Mexico U15s in their championship-winning run at the 2017 CONCACAF Boys' Under-15 Championship, and provided the game-winning assist against his former team, the United States U15s.
- As of October 15, 2018
|Club||Season||League||U.S. Open Cup||MLS Cup Playoffs||Continental||Total|
|LA Galaxy II||2017||USL||1||0||—||—||—||—||—||—||1||0|
- "LA Galaxy II sign LA Galaxy Academy midfielder Efrain Alvarez". LA Galaxy. August 2, 2017. Retrieved October 8, 2017.
- "LA Galaxy 1-1 San Antonio FC". Soccerway.
- "LA Galaxy II 3-2 Portland Timbers 2". Soccerway.
- "Efrain Alvarez youngest". LA Galaxy II (Twitter).
- Boehm, Charles (March 2, 2019). "LA Galaxy Homegrown Efrain Alvarez sparks comeback win on MLS debut". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved March 2, 2019.
- "LA Galaxy's Efrain Alvarez remains open to USMNT international switch". www.mlssoccer.com.
- "USA Soccer U-15s win 2016 International Festival of Futbol". www.starsandstripesfc.com.
- "U-15 BNT Defeats Uruguay 2-0 to Win 2016 International Festival of Futbol". www.ussoccer.com.
- "U-15 BNT FINISHES FOUR-TEAM TOURNAMENT IN ZAGREB, CROATIA". www.ussoccer.com.
- "Mexico raids Galaxy academy for 14-year-old star". www.socceramerica.com.
- "La SNM Sub-15 venció a Islas Caimán - Mi Seleccion". miseleccion.mx.
- email@example.com, CHRIS HOCKMAN - (May 24, 2018). "Los Dos' Efrain Alvarez Kept Grounded by Family".
- "La SNM Sub-17 cerró su gira con empate. - Mi Seleccion". miseleccion.mx.
- Efraín Álvarez at Soccerway