|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 41st district
March 3, 2010
|Preceded by||David W. Marsden|
June 5, 1964 |
New York City
|Alma mater||Ithaca College (B.A.)
American University (J.D.)
Militia, Police and Public Safety
Eileen R. Filler-Corn (born June 5, 1964) is an American politician. Since 2010 she has served in the Virginia House of Delegates, representing the 41st district in the Fairfax County suburbs of Washington, D.C.. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
Filler-Corn sits on the House committees on Finance, Commerce and Labor, and Transportation.
Filler-Corn first ran for the 41st district seat in 1999, but was unsuccessful. She won the seat in a 2010 special election to replace David W. Marsden, who had himself won a special election to the Senate of Virginia the month before. Jim Dillard, the Republican incumbent who defeated Filler-Corn in 1999, endorsed her candidacy in 2010 because of her opponent's remarks that funding for Fairfax County Public Schools was "excessive".
She won by only 37 votes. She was sworn in on March 3, 2010 after her opponent dropped his plans to request a recount.
|Virginia House of Delegates, 41st district|
|Nov 2, 1999||General||J H Dillard II||Republican||7,752||58.52|
|E R Filler-Corn||Democratic||5,482||41.38|
|Incumbent won; seat stayed Republican|
|Mar 2, 2010||Special||Eileen Filler-Corn||Democratic||5,758||50.13|
|Kerry D. Bolognese||Republican||5,721||49.80|
|David W. Marsden was elected to the Senate; seat stayed Democratic|
|Nov 8, 2011||General||Eileen Filler-Corn||Democratic||11,959||68.01|
|Mike R. Kane||Libertarian||5,509||31.33|
- "Delegates Eileen Filler-Corn". virginiageneralassembly.gov. Commonwealth of Virginia. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Del. Dave Marsden Wins 37th State Senate Special Election". Fairfax County Democratic Party. January 13, 2010. Archived from the original on August 16, 2011. Retrieved March 4, 2010.
- "VA State House 041 - Special Election Results". Our Campaigns. Retrieved March 4, 2010.
- O'Donoghue, Julia (March 3, 2010). "Filler-Corn Wins Special Election by 37 Votes". Springfield Connection. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- Kravitz, Derek (March 3, 2010). "No recount in close Virginia House race". The Washington Post. Retrieved March 18, 2010.
- "Election Results - House of Delegates - Nov 1999 Gen Election". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2012-12-28. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "March 2010 House of Delegates Special Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2010-10-14. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "November 2011 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "Eileen Filler-Corn". Virginia Public Access Project. (campaign finance)
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2013-04-29.
- "Delegate Eileen Filler-Corn (D-Fairfax Station)". Richmond Sunlight.
|This article about a member of the Virginia House of Delegates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|