Ellen Guon Beeman (maiden name: Guon) is an American fantasy and science fiction author, television screenwriter and computer game designer/producer. She has published four novels and has worked on over 40 video games.
Career in the game industry
Ellen Beeman describes herself as "mom, videogame designer and producer, author, gadget geekette, Celtic fiddler, former TV writer and city commissioner, etc."
In 1989, Beeman left a career in television writing and was hired by Sierra Online as a project manager. She worked as a writer and project manager at Origin Systems for several Wing Commander titles.
In 2006, she was ranked in the top 100 most influential women in the game industry by Edge Online (formerly next-gen.biz). At the time, she was Lead Program Manager at Microsoft Casual Games, a producer role.
Beeman has also been credited at Monolith Productions, Electronic Arts and Disney. She has lectured at many game industry conferences, including Game Developers Conference, LOGIN, SXSW Interactive, Microsoft Gamefest, PAX and PAX Dev, and Game Design Expo. She is one of the founders as well as formerly the Program Chair for Women in Games International.
- Knight of Ghosts and Shadows (1990) with Mercedes Lackey
- Summoned to Tourney (1992) with Mercedes Lackey
- Freedom Flight (1992) with Mercedes Lackey
- Bedlam Boyz (1993)
- "EllenBeeman.com". EllenBeeman.com. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- Bell, Erin (October 5, 2007). "Women in Gaming: Ellen Beeman, Carbonated Games". Gamezebo.com. Archived from the original on October 9, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- "Game Industry's 100 Most Influential Women". Edge Online. September 11, 2006. Archived from the original on June 25, 2011. Retrieved 2008-07-23.
- "Speaker bios: Ellen Beeman, Co-Owner, Gizmocracy", PAX Conference schedule, August 28–29, 2013, Penny Arcade Expo, retrieved 2013-11-26
- Corporations registration: GIZMOCRACY LLC, Washington Secretary of State, December 6, 2009, retrieved 2013-11-26
- Game Nite 2: Speaker bios, EMP Museum, May 2013, archived from the original on May 1, 2013
- THIS FRIDAY! GAME NITE 2: GAME OVER, International Game Developers Association Seattle chapter, May 7, 2013, retrieved 2013-11-26
|This biographical article relating to a video game specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|