Location of Empire, Wisconsin
|County||Fond du Lac|
|• Total||29.1 sq mi (75.5 km2)|
|• Land||29.0 sq mi (75.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||1,070 ft (326 m)|
|• Density||90.3/sq mi (34.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1583167|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 29.1 square miles (75.5 km²), of which, 29.0 square miles (75.2 km²) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.3 km²) of it (0.45%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,620 people, 910 households, and 786 families residing in the town. The population density was 90.3 people per square mile (34.9/km²). There were 944 housing units at an average density of 32.5 per square mile (12.6/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.13% White, 0.27% African American, 0.34% Native American, 0.65% Asian, 0.11% from other races, and 0.50% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.99% of the population.
There were 910 households out of which 40.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 79.3% were married couples living together, 4.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.6% were non-families. 11.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.88 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the town the population was spread out with 28.7% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 26.8% from 25 to 44, 28.9% from 45 to 64, and 10.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 102.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.6 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $67,330, and the median income for a family was $70,511. Males had a median income of $42,875 versus $29,300 for females. The per capita income for the town was $27,174. About 0.5% of families and 1.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.9% of those under age 18 and 2.6% of those age 65 or over.
- Charles Ruggles Boardman - U.S. National Guard general
- Edward Colman - Wisconsin State Assemblyman
- Elmer E. Haight - Wisconsin State Assemblyman
- David Giddings - Wisconsin Territorial legislator, engineer, and businessman
- James Lafferty - Wisconsin State Assemblyman
- Michael Reilly - U.S. Representative
- Herman Schroeder - Wisconsin State Assemblyman
- William A. Titus - businessman and politician
- Owen A. Wells - U.S. Representative
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 1927,' Biographical Sketch of Willian A. Titus, pg. 681