|County||Fond du Lac|
|Elevation||288 m (945 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1567207|
Johnsburg, Wisconsin is an unincorporated community in the Town of Calumet in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin. The community is located on County Roads Q and W, approximately 3.3 miles (5.3 km) east of Lake Winnebago, 2.75 miles (4.43 km) southeast of Pipe and 1.4 miles (2.3 km) northwest of Malone. Johnsburg is part of the Holyland region in northeastern Fond du Lac county.
Church / history
The congregation was founded by six families in 1841. When built in 1842, the church was the first in the approximately 100 miles (160 kilometers) between Milwaukee and Green Bay. Named after the church, St. Johannes Gemeinde (St. John's congregation), the community was known as Hinesburg. Father Deisenrieder had a post office established and the town received its original name to honor his birthplace in Bavaria. The United States Postal Service changed their methods in 1885 and the community was renamed "Johnsburg".
- Evan Vogds, football player
- St. John the Baptist Congregation, Rev. Benjamin J. Blied, 1980
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Johnsburg, Wisconsin.|
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- Kathryn Bartel. "Marytown, A Holyland Community: Built on Dreams, Persisting on Spirit, 1849-2003". In Clarence B. Davis. History by the Lake: Studies in the History of Fond du Lac and the Lake Winnebago Region. Fond du Lac, Wis.: Marian College Press, 2005.
- Blied, page 50
- Blied, page 58
|This article about a location in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|