January 16, 1952 |
Santa Monica, California
|Known for||President of ZeniMax Media
attorney at Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano
Ernest Del (born January 16, 1952) is an American entertainment attorney. Currently Del is Senior Advisor at ZeniMax Media. Del previously served as President of ZeniMax from 1999 up until April 2017. He also serves as a director of Delivery Agent and of the Silver Eagle Acquisition Corporation.
Del began his law career in 1976 as an antitrust litigator at the law firm of Wyman, Bautzer, Rothman & Kuchel, focused primarily on cases addressing the transformation of the nationwide Bell telephone system in the late 1970s before shifting to transactional entertainment law. Initially he worked exclusively on feature films in the United States and abroad. He later worked on television and digital media. In December 1999, He became President at ZeniMax Media. He additionally served as president of ZeniMax Europe from December 2010 to August 2012. Del later became part of the law firm Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano.
Del's clients include: Fox's former executive and current CEO of Tribune Company, Peter Liguori, Kevin Reilly (Chairman of Entertainment for the Fox Broadcasting Company), Former CW executive Dawn Ostroff, 20th TV's Dana Walden, Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer, former The WB Television Network network president David Janollari, Leslie Moonves (president and CEO, CBS Corporation), actor-producer Paul Reiser, Stuart Bloomberg the former chairman of ABC Entertainment, Bob Greenblatt (chairman of NBC Entertainment). Some of his associates from Hollywood currently sit on ZeniMax's Board of Directors: Leslie Moonves, Harry Sloan and Jerry Bruckheimer.
Del helped Harry E. Sloan to rebuild MGM, when Sloan was chairman and CEO there. He also repped Providence Equity Partners in the creation of Hulu, as well as advising Bethesda Softworks. In 2009 and 2010, Del was called a power lawyer by The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Martindale Hubbell Law Directory 2003". Martindale-Hubbell. April 1, 2003. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Ernest Del Executive Profile". Bloomberg. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Directors, Executive Officers And Corporate Governance". yahoo.brand.edgar-online.com/. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Entertainment Industry Veteran Ernest Del Joins Delivery Agent Board Directors". deliveryagent.com. February 19, 2008. Archived from the original on December 13, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "SEC Form 3". SEC. July 25, 2013. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Ernest Del Partner". Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein & Lezcano. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "ZeniMax Europe Limited". companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Power Lawyers 2010". The Hollywood Reporter. July 16, 2010. Archived from the original on January 10, 2012. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Power Lawyers 2009 Ernest Del". The Hollywood Reporter. July 16, 2009. Archived from the original on April 28, 2013. Retrieved July 5, 2016.
- "Kick-Starting (Kapow!) a TV Series; CBS Broke All the Rules to Fling an Action Show at Young Men". The New York Times. September 24, 1998. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- "Video game publisher Zenimax raises $150 million from Providence Equity". Los Angeles Times. October 6, 2010. Retrieved August 23, 2016.