Fairfield High School (Fairfield, Ohio)
|Fairfield High School|
FHS as seen from Route 4
|8800 Holden Boulevard
Fairfield, Ohio, (Butler County) 45014
|Type||Public, coeducational high school|
|Motto||"Creating Opportunities For Our Future"|
|School district||Fairfield City School District|
|Teaching staff||91.37 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||22.22|
|Color(s)||Red and white
|Athletics conference||Greater Miami Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Fairfield Senior High School boasts one of the largest high school arenas in the state, seating over 5,000. The Performing Arts Center has also been acclaimed as one of the finest in the area.
The demographic breakdown of the 2,030 students enrolled for the 2012-2013 school year was:
- Male - 50.7%
- Female - 49.3%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.1%
- Asian/Pacific islanders - 2.5%
- Black - 15.5%
- Hispanic - 5.1%
- White - 72.8%
- Multiracial - 4.0%
In addition, 27.2% of the students were eligible for free or reduced lunch.
Ohio High School Athletic Association state championships
- Corey Foister, 2016 Democratic candidate for Ohio's 8th Congressional District
- Jeff Hartsock, former MLB player
- Eric Lange, actor
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on 2010-04-16.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Fairfield High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.