Fashion King (film)
|Directed by||Oh Ki-hwan|
|Produced by||Cha Seung-jae|
|Written by||Yoon In-wan|
|Based on||Fashion King (manhwa) by kian84|
|Music by||Lee Jun-oh|
|Distributed by||Next Entertainment World
Fashion King (Korean: 패션왕; RR: Paesyeonwang) is a 2014 South Korean film that comically depicts the coming of age of a high school student as he matures into adulthood and discovers a passion for fashion design.
It is a film adaptation of the popular webtoon series Fashion King written by Kian84 (whose real name is Kim Hee-min), which was published on Naver from May 5, 2011 to June 6, 2013, and received four million hits.
Woo Ki-myung, a completely ordinary high school student, has a crush on Hye-jin, the prettiest, most popular girl in class. So to win her heart, he decides to transform his image and become the coolest, best dressed person in the world. As his mentor Nam-jung introduces him to the world of fashion, Ki-myung finds himself entering into a rivalry with Won-ho, the school's toughest fighter. Meanwhile, he doesn't notice Eun-jin, who harbors a secret crush on him.
- Joo Won as Woo Ki-myung
- Choi Jin-ri as Kwak Eun-jin
- Ahn Jae-hyun as Kim Won-ho
- Park Se-young as Park Hye-jin
- Kim Sung-oh as Kim Nam-jung
- Lee Il-hwa as Ki-myung's mother
- Shin Ju-hwan as Kim Chang-joo
- Min Jin-woong as Kim Doo-chi
- Kim Ian as Hyuk-soo
- Park Doo-sik as Sung-chul
- Woo Sang-jeon as Old monk
- Lee Geung-young as Won-ho's father (cameo)
- Han Hye-jin as Herself, MC (cameo)
- Hong Seok-cheon as Himself, MC (cameo)
- Kim Na-young as Herself, MC (cameo)
- Horan (Clazziquai) as Female assistant (cameo)
- Lee Joo-young as Fashion King Korea judge (cameo)
- Jung Doo-young as Fashion King Korea judge (cameo)
- Oh Se-il as Fashion King Korea judge (cameo)
- Ahn Sun-young as Hanbok judge (cameo)
- Lee Hyo-jae as Hanbok judge (cameo)
- Hwang Byung-gook as Ki-myung's homeroom teacher (cameo)
- Nana as Kim Hae-na (cameo)
- "Joo Won eyeing movie role". Korea JoongAng Daily. 26 October 2013. Archived from the original on 5 August 2017. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Hong, Jung-won (27 December 2013). "Joo Won, f(x) Sulli and Kim Sung Oh to Act in Fashion King". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on 5 February 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Lee, Cory (6 January 2014). "Joo Won, f(x) Sulli, Park Se-young Confirm to Join Cartoon-turned-Movie". TenAsia. Archived from the original on 7 April 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Sulli Gets Back from Break with New Flick". The Chosun Ilbo. 4 November 2014. Archived from the original on 1 September 2019. Retrieved 2014-11-06.
- Tae, Sang-joon (6 January 2014). "JOO Won Enthroned as the FASHION KING". Korean Film Council. Archived from the original on 26 November 2014. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Kim, Hee-eun (15 April 2014). "Nana to make a movie cameo". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-04-16.