Puerto Rican Football Federation
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Puerto Rican Football Federation (Spanish: Federación Puertorriqueña de Fútbol) is the governing body of association football in Puerto Rico. It was founded in 1940 and became affiliated to FIFA in 1960, one of the last to do so in the Western Hemisphere. It governs over all football on the island, including the Puerto Rico national football team, the amateur Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Puerto Rico, the scheduled Liga Profesional de Fútbol de Puerto Rico, as well as the Puerto Rico FC who play in the North American Soccer League.
Owing to its unique status in relation to the United States of America, the governance of football on Puerto Rico has been different from the traditional format. On May 14, 2008 the federation announced the creation of the Puerto Rico Soccer League, the first unified league in the history of the island's football, although it folded in 2011. In recent years the Federation has attempted to overhaul the island's historic underperformance in football, which has been helped by the co-operation from a number of established club teams from around the world, who are keen to build up a base in Puerto Rico.
On March 9, 2015, The Executive Committee of the Puerto Rican Football Federation (FPF) approved a resolution specifying that in Puerto Rico there will be only one division league, before then the FPF statutes allowed for more than one first division league in Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico men's national football team
Puerto Rico national under-20 football team
Puerto Rico national under-17 football team
Puerto Rico national under-15 football team
Puerto Rico women's national football team
- Paco Bueso
- José Laureano Cantero
- Cristo Manuel Romero Sánchez (1968–1969)
- José M. Arsuaga
- Dr. Roberto Monroig
- Esteban Rodríguez Estrella (1982–1984)
- Luis Russi Dilán (1994–2002)
- Joe Serralta (2004–2010)
- Eric Labrador (2011–2019)
- Iván Rivera (2019–present)
- Puerto Rico national football team
- Puerto Rico soccer league system
- Association Football in Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Islanders
- Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Puerto Rico
- Liga Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Soccer League
- Puerto Rico Capitals
- "Jamaica get 1966 soccer tourney". Kingston Gleaner. 2 April 1964.
- "ADENDI". Archived from the original on May 17, 2008.
- Jusino, Edwin. "A re-organizarse el fútbol mayor de Puerto Rico | FutbolBoricua.net".
- "Quiénes somos - Noticias - Ex alumno del FIFA/CIES, Presidente de la Federación de Puerto Rico - FIFA.com". www.fifa.com.
|This article about an association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Puerto Rico–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|