Federation of North-American Explorers
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Federation of North-American Explorers|
|Country||Canada and USA|
|General Commissioner||Paul Ritchi|
The Federation of North-American Explorers (FNE) is a Roman Catholic faith-based, outdoor youth movement in Canada and the United States of America based on the methods of Lord Robert Baden-Powell and Venerable Jacques Sevin, SJ. It was founded in 1999 and serves more than 1100 members in 31 active groups throughout North America. The association is a member of the International Union of Guides and Scouts of Europe. However, due to fundamental differences in the values and ideals of the FNE and those of scouting as it has developed in North America, the FNE program stresses that they are Explorers and not scouts.
Program Extent and Pontifical Recognition
Although the FNE program in North America is limited to its 31 groups and approximately 1100 members, it is one of the 21 national associations that make up the International Union of Guides and Scouts of Europe (UIGSE-FSE). Combined, these countries account for more than 65,000 members. In 2003, the UIGSE-FSE received official recognition from the Vatican's Pontifical Council of the Laity as an International Association of the Faithful of Pontifical Right. In 2008, the association was further recognized in a letter from Vatican Secretary Josef Clemens, where he thanked them for their efforts.
- "Explorers of the Faith". Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Catholics Explore Scouting Options". Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "Catholic Scouts Celebrate 10 Years". Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "FNE Group Directory". Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "FNE Group Locator Map". Retrieved 2014-10-16.
- "Seeking an Alternative to the Boy Scouts". Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "FSE Nation List". Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "FNE Explorers grow closer to God". Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "FNE Youth Programs". Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "North Star Youth Programs". Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "Stella Maris Youth Programs". Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "International Union of European Guides and Scouts". Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- http://fneexplorers.com Official Website