Ferrari Ki Sawaari
|Ferrari Ki Sawaari|
|Directed by||Rajesh Mapuskar|
|Produced by||Vidhu Vinod Chopra|
|Written by||Rajesh Mapuskar
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
|Edited by||Deepa Bhatia
|Distributed by||Vinod Chopra Productions|
|Budget||₹100 million (US$1.6 million)|
|Box office||₹440 million (US$6.9 million)|
Ferrari Ki Sawaari is a 2012 Hindi sports comedy film directed by Rajesh Mapuskar. The film is written by Rajesh Mapuskar and produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, starring Sharman Joshi in the lead. The film was released on 15 June 2012.
A little boy, Kayo (Ritvik Sahore) thinks of nothing but playing cricket. His father, Rusy (Sharman Joshi), thinks of nothing but his little boy. To fulfill his son's dream of playing at the Lord's Cricket Ground, the honest and upright Rusy performs his first small act of dishonesty: he borrows the gleaming red Ferrari owned by Sachin Tendulkar, for one day. The only problem is he doesn't inform its legendary owner. A wild, breathless, bumpy ride begins, a ride that leads to a menagerie of amazing characters: a wedding planner who'll stop at nothing, a Laurel-and-Hardyesque pair of loyal attendants, a greedy politician and his reckless son and a mechanic who specializes in stolen cars. As the Ferrari zooms through this chaotic world of street-thugs and mass-weddings, another saga unfolds – a grumpy old man and his secret wounds, and an epic rivalry that goes back thirty-eight years.
- Sharman Joshi as Rusy (Rustam Behram Deboo)
- Boman Irani as Father of Rusy (Behram Deboo)
- Ritvik Sahore as Kayo (Kayoze Rustam Deboo)
- Paresh Rawal as Dilip Dharmadhikari (cameo)
- Vidya Balan in a Special Appearance (Song - Mala Jau De)
- Satyadeep Mishra as Kayo's Cricket Coach
- Achyut Potdar as Shop Owner
Rajesh Mapuskar has worked as an Associate Director on films such as 3 Idiots (2009) and Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006); in fact the idea of the film came to him during the post-production work of Lage Raho Munna Bhai, when for an advertising assignment he went out looking for expensive cars in Mumbai, he found them all except a Ferrari. Eventually he managed to track a Ferrari parked at Pali Hill. This gave him the idea, "What if I steal this car for a day? What will happen?", which developed into the idea of Sachin Tendulkar's Ferrari and the script was developed over the next seven and a half years along with Vidhu Vinod Chopra.
The background music as well as the soundtrack is composed by Pritam. The album contains seven original tracks. The lyrics are penned by five different lyricists. Swanand Kirkire, Amitabh Bhattacharya, Guru Thakur and duo of Satyanshu & Devanshu Singh. Madhu Soodha of Goarticles.com noted' "The soundtrack of "Ferrari Ki Sawaari" does not take you on a rollercoaster ride, but with five lyricists at his helm, Pritam has managed to dole out a decent album. It has an array of tracks, which can manage to generate a happy and positive response from listeners."
|Ferrari Ki Sawaari|
|Soundtrack album by Pritam|
|1.||"Ferrari Ki Sawaari"||Shaan, Boman Irani, Aayush Phukan||3:43|
|2.||"Life Yeh Mausambi Si"||K. Mohan (Agnee)||4:14|
|3.||"Aey Mere Mann"||Shyamantan Das||5:09|
|4.||"Mala Jau De"||Urmila Dhangar||4:16|
The movie received good critical reviews for its storyline and performances.  Subhash K. Jha of IANS gave it 3 out 5 stars and said, "The dialogues in Ferrari Ki Sawaari lack the punch of Hirani's Munnabhai films but the heart is still in the right place. Honestly, the film is hard to dislike. It has moments of immense warmth and humour." Rajeev Masand of CNN IBN gave 2.5/5 stars and mentioned that "it would have been a good movie if was kept short." Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave it 3.5 out 5 stars, saying that "This heartwarming, tender and sprightly film should not be missed!". Rediff gave the movie 2.5 stars out of 5. Rachit Gupta of Filmfare gave a rating of 4 stars out of 5. He said,"Ferrari Ki Sawaari is a well constructed film that switches between drama and comedy with ease. Hirani's dialogue is pitch-perfect." Madhureeta Mukherjee of Times of India gave it 4 stars out of five, with Kunal Guha of Yahoo! Movies and Sonia Chopra of Sify giving 1.5 and 3 stars out of five respectively.
Ferrari Ki Sawaari collected ₹27.5 million (US$430,000) nett approx. on day one. The film showed growth on Saturday as it was around ₹37.5 million (US$580,000); it picked up on Sunday as it collected around ₹55.0 million (US$860,000) nett for a weekend total of around ₹123 million (US$1.9 million) nett. Ferrari Ki Sawaari's first week collection was around ₹195 million (US$3.0 million). Ferrari Ki Sawaari grossed ₹72.5 million (US$1.1 million) nett approx in week two.
Ferrari Ki Sawaari collected around $650,000 in overseas which is decent for a non-star cast film but considering the near 250 screen release it is a low figure. The collections from major markets are as follows: UK - £80,000; North America (Canada & USA) - $240,000; UAE - $150,000; Australia - $32,000.
- "Rajesh Mapuskar: ‘Only a Parsi came to mind’". Mint. 14 June 2012.
- Jha, Subhash K. "Ferrari Ki Sawaari Movie Reviews : 3 out of 5 stars". Worldsnap. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari : Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. 15 June 2012.
- Rachit Gupta. "Ferrari Ki Sawaari". Filmfare.
- Madhureeta Mukherjee. "Ferrari Ki Sawaari". Time of India.
- Kunal Guha. "Ferrari Ki Sawaari review". Yahoo! Movies.
- Sonia Chopra. "Ferrari Ki Sawaari review: A fun yet bumpy ride". Sify.
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari First Day Territorial Breakdown". 16 June 2012.
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari Shows Growth But Fate Depends On Sunday Audience". 17 June 2012.
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari Picks Up On Sunday". Boxofficeindia.com. 18 June 2012.
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari Has Below Average First Week". 22 June 2012.
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari Week Two Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ferrari Ki Sawaari.|
- Official Website
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari at the Internet Movie Database
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari at Bollywood Hungama
- Ferrari Ki Sawaari Fan Site
- "Ferrari Ki Sawaari"- a review of the film from BumperHit.com