Hammond with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2014
February 17, 1990|
Hallandale Beach, Florida
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||184 lb (83 kg)|
(Hallandale Beach, Florida)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Frankie Hammond Jr. (born February 17, 1990) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Florida and was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
Hammond accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2008 to 2012. During his four-season college career, he started 19 of 48 games in which he played, recording 63 receptions for 809 yards and six touchdowns. He was also a high jumper for the Florida Gators track and field team.
Kansas City Chiefs
Hammond signed with the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent after the 2013 NFL Draft. He spent the entire season on the Chiefs practice squad. After spending the entire 2013 season on the Chiefs' practice squad, he debuted in Week 1 of the 2014 season, recording his first NFL career reception for 22 yards.Through the whole season, Hammond had 4 catches for 45 yards. On April 20, 2015, he was re-signed. On November 9, 2015, he was waived. On November 9, 2015, he was signed to the practice squad. On November 28, 2015, he was elevated to the active roster.
New York Jets
- Six Gators Sign as Undrafted Free Agents Following Draft
- "Chiefs Down to NFL Mandated Roster Limit". Chiefs.com. September 3, 2016.
- "Chiefs Announce Additional Roster Moves". Chiefs.com. September 4, 2016.
- Greenberg, Ethan (January 23, 2017). "Jets Sign WR Hammond to Reserve/Future Deal". NewYorkJets.com. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- Lange, Randy (September 2, 2017). "Jets Reduce to 53 with 23 Player Moves". NYJets.com. Retrieved September 3, 2017.