|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Freddi Fish and Luther
|Creators||Ron Gilbert, Larry Kay, Tami Caryl Borowick|
|Platforms||Windows, Macintosh, iOS, Android, Linux|
|First release||Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
|Latest release||Freddi Fish's Fun House
Freddi Fish is a series of children's adventure games from Humongous Entertainment. The series began in 1994. Freddi Fish is an anthropomorphic yellow fish who takes on detective investigations throughout the series. Her best friend, a green fish named Luther goes with her on all her adventures. The voices of Freddi Fish and Luther were performed by Annette Toutonghi and Mike McAuliffe at Bad Animals Studio in Seattle, Washington. The series sold more than 2.5 million copies and won over 75 awards of excellence.
Freddi and Luther move from one screen to another by clicking where the cursor turns into a chunky arrow. When the cursor is just a small cursor outline then there is nothing clickable, but when the small cursor outline fills in, something happens when clicking the mouse. Like all Humongous Entertainment games, clicking on an object in the environment prompts an animation which is sometimes funny but irrelevant to the plot of the game. However, when a person or certain objects are clicked, something will happen like the person talking or Freddi Fish picking up the object. Collected objects appear on the bottom of the screen in their own individual bubbles. Freddi Fish puts objects away by sweeping them behind her back, often resulting in hilarious scenes when putting away large objects. Overall, Freddi Fish Junior Adventures are mainly about helping solve others' problems which are tied into a constantly progressing storyline.
In all the Freddi Fish games except the second game (Haunted Schoolhouse), the game has some area to solve one last challenge, that is only accessible when accomplishing the "initial" objective—the objective given near the start of the game. Once this area is reached, the player is locked in there and from the third game (Stolen Conch Shell) onwards, any leftover stuff is taken away.
The third and fourth games end with a mystery to find out who was the thief. In the third game, they give one or two clues that point to the personality of one person; in the fourth game, a clue in the Hogfishes' room points to an object the person had been using.
- Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds (1994)
- Freddi Fish Kelp Seed Mystery (2008)
- Freddi Fish and the Missing Kelp Seeds (2014)
- Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse (1996)
- Freddi Fish Haunted Schoolhouse Mystery (2011)
- Freddi Fish: Haunted Schoolhouse (2014)
- Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell (1998)
- Freddi Fish and the Stolen Shell (2011)
- Freddi Fish & the Stolen Shell (2014)
- Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch (1999)
- Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove (2001)
|Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness|
|Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries||
|Freddi Fish Jellyfish Jamboree||
|Freddi Fish's One-Stop Fun Shop||
||Humongous Entertainment, Infogrames||Gained Award of Excellence from Review Corner|
|Freddi Fish And Friends: ABC Under The Sea||
||1st Playable Productions|
|Freddi Fish's Fun House||
- For Steam the games were released as single games, or bundled with the other Freddi Fish games in "Freddi Fish Complete Pack" or came was packaged with all Humongous Entertainment games in "Humongous Entertainment Complete Pack".
- Infogrames released a CD titled "Freddi Fish / Pajama Sam Value 2-Pack" containing Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds and Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Freddi Fish Deluxe Pack", which included Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell and Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness.
- Infogrames released a CD titled "Freddi Fish 3-Pack" with Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell, Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries and Freddi Fish's One-Stop Fun Shop included.
- Humongous Entertainment released a "Freddi Fish Fun & Learning 1st Grade Edition" package with a Freddi Fish notebook and a CD that included Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse and Big Thinkers First Grade.
- Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse was included in the "Favorite Friends 4-Game Collectors Pack" CD along with Blue's 123 Time Activities, Tonka Construction 2 and Candy Land Adventure.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat", which included Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds, Pajama Sam's Sock Works and Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat 2", which included Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness, Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside and Putt Putt Travels Through Time.
- Humongous Entertainment released a CD titled "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat 3", which included Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse, Spy Fox in: Cheese Chase and Backyard Baseball
- Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries was released for Windows and Macintosh on a compilation CD titled "Super Duper Arcade 1", along with Spy Fox in: Cheese Chase, Pajama Sam's Sock Works and Putt-Putt and Pep's Balloon-O-Rama.
- Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness was released for Windows and Macintosh on a compilation CD titled "Super Duper Arcade 2", along with Spy Fox in: Hold the Mustard, Pajama Sam's Lost & Found and Putt-Putt and Pep's Dog on a Stick
- Freddi - The protagonist of the series. She is a yellow fish with orange fins and blue eyes. She volunteers to investigate any mystery or crime that has recently affected her friends. She often counters the crooks she catches with morals of wrongdoings.
- Luther - A green fish with beige fins and black eyes. He is Freddi's best friend and sidekick. Very faithful to his friends and family.
Freddi Fish 1
- Boss & Spongehead - Two thieving blue sharks who steal kelp seeds that feed the whole town specially for the Squidfather. As their names reflect, Boss is the shark that does the planning, and Spongehead is the shark that follows the instructions with some outcomes going wrong. They also do a major role in the second game.
- Eddie - A mean, green electric eel, who stands in other fishes' way and has a big appetite. Plays the same role in the second game.
- Grandma Grouper - A purple grouper and Freddi's grandmother who grows the kelp seeds. Also makes a small appearance in the fifth game.
- Ray - An aqua-coloured Manta Ray with a fancy for collecting pretty items of value. Plays the same role in the second game.
- Sam - Pelican and close friend to Freddi and Luther.
- Squidfather - A giant pink squid, who groans and mumbles when he talks. He is constantly grumpy and spends a lot of time stroking his pet white catfish. In his angriest moments he expels ink. He is based on Vito Corleone from The Godfather and Ernst Stavro Blofeld from the James Bond movies.
- Tucker Turtle - A green sea turtle and a good friend to Freddi and Luther. Plays a more important role in the second game.
Freddi Fish 2
- Barnacle Bob - An orange octopus who specializes in selling pulleys. By his own admission, he cannot help but speak in sentences that rhyme with each other.
- Captain Schnitzel - A blue fish who wears a captain's hat and a brown sweater. He is an expert in knots.
- Casey - A magenta fish shaped like Luther with the same colored fins. In the fifth game he analyzes a sample of "sea cheese" found in Coral Cove Park with his microscope.
- Mr. Triplefin - A blue an aqua fish with green fins. He is a retired janitor who lives in a secluded shack and plays a guitar.
- Mrs. Croaker - A purple fish who wears a magenta dress. She teaches the young guppies at school.
Freddi Fish 3
- Claw - An orange lobster who has the same personality as Eddie and even owns a "bully's club".
- Gill Barker - A turquoise-colored shark who acts as a traveling salesman and a carnival ringmaster. Also is one possible suspect in the fourth game.
- Horst Fedders - A purple seahorse and a tourist.
- Magenta - A monkey who loves bananas.
- Nadine - A pink narwhal who always takes care of her tooth.
- Old Soggy - Blenny's pet dogfish that resembles a basset hound.
- Pierre - A pompous yellow swordfish with a French accent and a tailor. He is known to brag about his mending.
- Rosy Pearl - A blue squid who acts as a host of a talent show.
- Uncle Blenny - Luther's uncle and the "Grand Exalted Keeper of the Conch". He was once blamed for stealing the conch.
Freddi Fish 4
- Cousin Calico Catfish - Freddi's cousin, a yellow catfish with light blue hair and hogfish rancher.
- E Tippet - A red hermit crab who makes his home in his own mailbox.
- Eight Finger Phil - A blue octopus with a green bowler hat. He serves as the piano player of the Sodaloon.
- Fluke - A blue sperm whale who has a cabaret hall inside her mouth and something stuck between her teeth.
- Goby and Moray - Two hogfish rustlers. Goby is beige and skinny, while Moray is dark brown and fat. Moray's job is to feed the hogfish (the hogfish hate his cooking), and Goby's job is to guard the hideout. Moray's shown to be smarter than Goby.
- Gruntle - One of Calico's prized hogfish.
- Hammerhead and Sawfish - Two sharks who do carpentry and frequently drink coffee.
- Hungry Shark - A pink shark, who wears a green hat with a yellow ribbon and has only two teeth and very good at chewing through stuff.
- Nelson Tony 'Nels' Torso - A cerulean and strong marlin wearing cadet blue knee-length suspenders with a front pocket and constructing glasses. He specialises in making belt buckles.
- Puffer - A Mint Green puffer fish who tends to inflate when anyone comes near.
- Sahara Slim - A reddish brown, elderly fish who once went through the Sahara Desert.
- Saltwater Stella - A purple fish who is the owner of the Sodaloon.
- Shady Shark - A green loan shark who has a debt to collect from Gill Barker
- Sheriff Shrimp - A dark green shrimp who's the sheriff of Briny Gulch.
- Squids - A trio of blue, orange and purple ink spitting squids who reside at the entrance to the Sodaloon. The purple squid is named Orchid, the orange one is named Apricot (Ape for short), and the blue one is named Periwinkle (Perry for short).
- U - An orange sea snail. U's real name is Uriah Jedadiah Eruipides Algernon Fortesque Forsythe.
Freddi Fish 5
- Al B. Core - A large Maya Blue fish, who owns a stand for exchanging trading cards.
- Clyde - An absent minded barber who gives fish makeovers.
- Dadfish - A grouchy pink fish with red fins who lives with his guppy son and doesn't anyone touching his house roof.
- Donna - A pink fish with a blonde crest and blue eyes and wears a working hat. She is a mechanic who repairs the Claw Machine.
- Earl - A short sighted turtle, who has an excellent skill in map reading.
- Gillian Barker - Gil Barker's twin sister.
- Kipper - A large pink fish who wears a magenta dress and is the owner of the taffy shop.
- Kit - A blue octopus with orange hair who works as a craftsman on model ships.
- Laren - A green fish who wears a patched shirt and an orange hat and tries to make his own jug band.
- Marge the Sarge - A pink with overgrown red hair and wears green military uniform. She's a military strategist who trains tetras.
- Marty Sardini - An evil, selfish, and greedy green fish who developed Coral Cove Park. He secretly drove Xamfear out of the park and stole his deed so he could prevent his reputation from being ruined. He also lied to the townsfolk about Xamfear being an evil sea monster terrorizing the park and manipulated them to rise up against Xamfear.
- Mayor Marlin - A blue marlin and mayor of the ocean.
- Nick - A purple fish who owns a shop full of cool stuff.
- Officer Beverly - A yellow fish with orange fins and wears a police hat. She guards the entrance to Coral Cove Park.
- Rollo - A Clownfish who sounds gloomy and sells stuff.
- Xamfear Duncan Dogberry Valentine - A giant magenta sea monster with beige spots and fins who lives in Coral Cove Park.
Various Children's books about Freddi Fish have been published by Lyrick Publishing, including story books, colouring books and activity books.
|Freddi Fish: Color and Activity Book||2000||Guy Davis||Lyrick Publishing||Art Mawhinney|
|Freddi Fish the Big Froople Match||July 2000||Dave Grossman||Lyrick Publishing||R. Alvord|
|Freddi Fish: The Missing Letters Mystery||August 2000||Dave Grossman, N. S. Greenfield||Lyrick Publishing||Jay B. Johnson|
|Freddie Fish a Whale of a Tale!||January 2001||Scott Nickel||Lyrick Publishing||Jay B. Johnson|
|Freddi Fish What's Different?||January 2001||Nancy Parent||Lyrick Publishing||Cary Rillo|
|Freddi Fish and the Pirate's Treasure||July 15, 2001||Guy Davis||Lyrick Publishing||Becky Winslow|
- "Seattle Repertory Theatre - Annette Toutonghi" (PDF): 4. Retrieved April 28, 2015.
- "Mike McAufliffe Credits - Giant Bomb". CBS Interactive Inc. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish 5 from CDAccess". CDAccess.com, Inc. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish Maze Madness - Android Apps on Google Play". Google Play. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish and Luther's Maze Madness for Android (2014) - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Freddi Fish and Luther's Water Worries for Linux (2014) - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "FREDDI FISH JELLYFISH JAMBOREE - 1999 HUMONGOUS - ELECTRONIC HAND HELD (12/14/2012)". Worthpoint. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Freddi Fish's One-Stop Fun Shop - Giant Bomb". giantbomb.com. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish One-Stop Fun Shop - Review Corner Award". reviewcorner.com. Archived from the original on October 28, 2006. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish: ABC Under The Sea". IGN. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish's Fun House for Android (2013) - MobyGames". MobyGames. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Freddi Fish and the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds on Steam". Steam. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish Complete Pack on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Humongous Entertainment Complete Pack on Steam". store.steampowered.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "UPC 825247060903 - Freddi Fish / Pajama Sam Value 2-Pack | upcitemdb.com". www.upcitemdb.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Freddi Fish Deluxe Pack on CD-ROM from CDAccess.com". www.cdaccess.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Freddie Fish 3 Pack". www.knightdiscounts.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Freddi Fish Fun & Learning 1st Grade Edition". Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Favorite Friends 4-Game Collectors Pack (Win98/WinMe/Win2K/WinXP) - from CDAccess". www.cdaccess.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat (Win95/Win98/Mac) - from CDAccess". www.cdaccess.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "Humongous Entertainment triple treat 2". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "RF Generation:Humongous Entertainment Triple Treat 3". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Super Duper Arcade 1". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Super Duper Arcade 2". Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- "Freddi Fish 2 - Meet the Characters" (PDF): 6, 7. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish 4 - Readme". Retrieved April 19, 2015.
- "Freddi Fish 5 - Meet the Characters" (PDF): 7–11. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Search results for Freddi Fish". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- "ISBN 9781570649462". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "ISBN 9781570649479". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "ISBN 9781570649486". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "ISBN 9781586680619". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "ISBN 9781586680633". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "ISBN 9781586680664". Barcode Lookup. Retrieved April 22, 2015.