Full Surface Records
|Full Surface Records|
|Parent company||Warner Music Group|
|Distributor(s)||Atlantic Records Group
(In the US)
WEA International Inc.
(Outside the US)
|Genre||Hip hop, R&B|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||New York City|
Full Surface Records was a record label founded in 2001, by American hip hop recording artist and record producer Kasseem "Swizz Beatz" Dean. With the help of his protégé, Philadelphia-based rapper Cassidy, who was the first artist signed, the label was able to establish itself. The label used to operate through Sony Music Entertainment's J Records and through Universal Music Group's Interscope Records, Motown Records and Universal Motown. However, the label also had released material through joint ventures with other companies outside the Sony BMG Music Entertainment group. It operated as a subsidiary of Warner Music Group and was distributed by Atlantic Records.
In 2001, Philadelphia-based battle rapper Cassidy, was the first artist to sign a recording contract with Full Surface. In 2002, it was announced Swizz Beatz signed Southern rapper Yung Wun, to the label. In a January 2003 interview with AllHipHop, Swizz Beatz said: "My new label [Full Surface] is on its way, by storm. We are moving like the army on the creep. I wanted something new so I got a mix of talent – Bounty Killa, Cassidy, Mashonda, Yung Wun, Big Tigg and Mr. Sweat – with me the beat man."
In 2005, legendary Cleveland-based rap group Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, signed with Full Surface and secured a distribution deal with Interscope Records, the following year. In 2005, DMX was about to sign to Full Surface Records but chose Sony Urban Music instead. In April 2006, it was announced Ruff Ryders alumni Eve, signed a joint venture deal with Full Surface Records and Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment. Eve went on to release the singles "Tambourine" and "Give It to You". On October 25, 2007, it was announced another Ruff Ryders alumni, Drag-On, signed a record deal with Full Surface Records.
- Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (2005–2008)
- Cassidy (2002–2008)
- Drag-On (2007–2009)
- Eve (2006–2009)
- Mashonda (2002–2008)
- Swizz Beatz
- Yung Wun (2003-2007)
DJs and producers
- The Individualz - A group of music producers, composed of Avenue, Joe Bravo and Jose, who have produced songs for Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Swizz Beatz, 50 Cent, Jay Z and Mary J. Blige.
- Neo da Matrix - A producer from Philadelphia. Also signed to Ruff Ryders Entertainment and was signed with Roc-A-Fella Records.
- Snags - A producer who has produced songs for Swizz Beatz and Jadakiss.
- Swizz Beatz
- All releases distributed by J Records, unless otherwise noted.
|Swizz Beatz||Swizz Beatz Presents G.H.E.T.T.O. Stories
(released with Ruff Ryders and DreamWorks)
|Yung Wun||The Dirtiest Thirstiest||
|Cassidy||I'm a Hustla||
|Bone Thugs-n-Harmony||Strength & Loyalty
(released with Interscope)
|Swizz Beatz||One Man Band Man
(released with Universal Motown)
|Cassidy||B.A.R.S. The Barry Adrian Reese Story|
- Mixtape Tuesday: Jamie Foxx Competes With Diddy; Eminem Takes On The Eagles
- BREAKING: Drag-On Signs With Swizz Beatz | Hip Hop News > HipHopDX.com
- MySpace.com - Individualz - NEW YORK, US - Rap / Hip Hop / R&B - www.myspace.com/individualsfs
- MySpace.com - Neo Da Matrix - Killadelphia, New York - Hip Hop / R&B / Autre - www.myspace.com/neodamatrix