|Full name||Gabriel Teodoro Martinelli Silva|
|Date of birth||18 June 2001|
|Place of birth||Guarulhos, Brazil|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:30, 14 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19:30, 14 November 2019 (UTC)
Born in Guarulhos, São Paulo, Martinelli started his career in 2010, playing for Corinthians' futsal team. After making the breakthrough in football fields, he moved to Ituano in 2015, having subsequent trials at Manchester United and Barcelona.
On 4 November 2017, Martinelli signed his first professional contract until October 2022. He made his professional debut the following 17 March, coming on as a late substitute for goalscorer Claudinho in a 2–1 away win; at the age of 16 years and nine months, he became the youngest player ever to debut for the club in the century.
Martinelli scored his first senior goal on 8 September 2018, netting his team's second in a 4–1 away routing of Taboão da Serra, for the year's Copa Paulista. Definitely promoted to the first team for the 2019 Campeonato Paulista, he scored six goals during the competition, being the club's top goalscorer as they reached the quarterfinals; highlights included a brace in a 3–0 away win against Bragantino on 15 March.
Martinelli was subject to interest from no fewer than 25 clubs around the world who wished to sign him, however, Martinelli put an end to speculation on 2 July 2019, when he signed a long term contract with Premier League club Arsenal in England. He scored a goal on his non-competitive debut, in a 3–0 pre-season victory against the Colorado Rapids.
On 24 September, Martinelli scored a brace on his first competitive start for the club in a 5–0 victory over Championship side Nottingham Forest in the EFL Cup. Martinelli opened and closed the scoring, the first a near-post header, the second a long-range effort, both were assisted by Calum Chambers. His performance received praise from head coach Unai Emery, who said: "He's hungry to have that opportunity to help us, he is very humble, he fights. I told him to have some patience for his opportunity to do like he was doing. He did that. He deserved it."
Martinelli made his second start for Arsenal in their 4–0 home win over Standard Liege, in the UEFA Europa League, in which he scored another brace. His first goal came in the thirteenth minute following a cross from fellow summer signing Kieran Tierney, he then added his second goal of the night three minutes later by cutting on to his right foot in the penalty area and drilling the ball into the far corner. Martinelli also created his first assist of the season, by setting up Arsenal's fourth goal, which was scored by Dani Ceballos.
Martinelli kept up his fine goalscoring form, by scoring the equaliser in Arsenal's eventual 3–2 home win over Vitória Guimarães, scoring yet another header, latching onto another assist from Kieran Tierney, meaning Martinelli had now scored five goals in his first six games for Arsenal.
In the League Cup fourth round, Martinelli registered yet another brace for Arsenal's 5-5 draw with Liverpool. Martinelli also fouled Liverpool's Harvey Elliott to hand the home side a penalty, which was converted by James Milner. Martinelli also scored his penalty in the penalty shootout, which Arsenal lost 5-4. Martinelli's goals meant that he was the highest-scoring teenager for a top-five European league club, netting seven goals in just seven appearances in all competitions and also became the first player to score four times in his first four starts since Ian Wright. Martinelli's performance received praise from Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp, who dubbed Martinelli 'a talent of the century'.
Martinelli's performances led to him being awarded the Arsenal 'Player of the Month' award for October, receiving 75% of the total votes cast, beating out Mattéo Guendouzi and fellow summer-signing Nicolas Pépé.
Martinelli was born in Brazil, and is of Italian descent through his father. On 20 May 2019, Martinelli was called up by Brazil national team manager Tite to complete the preparatory trainings for the 2019 Copa América. In November 2019, Martinelli appeared for Brazil's under-23 side at the United International Football Festival in Spain.
- As of 14 November 2019
|Club||Season||League||State League||National Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
- Appearance(s) in Copa Paulista
- Campeonato Paulista Best Newcomer: 2019
- Campeonato Paulista Countryside Player of the Year: 2019
- Campeonato Paulista Team of the Year: 2019
- "Gabriel Martinelli: Overview". Premier League. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Ele fez mais de 200 gols na base do Corinthians, foi para o Ituano e agora é testado no United" [He scored more than 200 goals at Corinthians' youth setup, went to Ituano and now is trialled at United] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 28 July 2017. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Quem é Martinelli? Artilheiro da Copinha trocou o Corinthians pelo Ituano e é monitorado pelo Barça" [Who is Martinelli? Copinha goalscorer changed Corinthians for Ituano and is targeted by Barça] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 11 January 2019. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Promessa do Galo, Gabriel Martinelli assina até 2022" [Prospect of Galo, Gabriel Martinelli signs until 2022] (in Portuguese). Jornal Periscópio. 4 November 2017. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Gabriel Martinelli é o atleta mais jovem a estrear no Ituano" [Gabriel Martinelli is the youngest player to debut at Ituano] (in Portuguese). Ituano FC. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Taboão da Serra 1 x 4 Ituano – Com início avassalador, Galo vence e assume liderança" [Taboão da Serra 1–4 Ituano – With a storming start, Galo win and take on leadership] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 8 September 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Gabriel Martinelli to join club". Arsenal.com. 2 July 2019.
- "Gabriel Martinelli scores as youthful Arsenal team open US tour with win". BBC Sport. 16 July 2019.
- Chowdhury, Saj (11 August 2019). "Newcastle 0-1 Arsenal: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang strike seals win". BBC Sport.
- "Arsenal 5-0 Nottingham Forest: Unai Emery praises Gabriel Martinelli after League Cup brace". BBC Sport. 24 September 2019.
- Sanders, Emma. "Arsenal 4-0 Standard Liege: Gabriel Martinelli impresses in ruthless win". BBC Sport. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Brown, Cy. "5 Things To Know About New Arsenal Attacker Gabriel Martinelli". Forbes.
- "Martinelli, do Ituano, é chamado por Tite para treinos da Seleção na Copa América" [Martinelli, from Ituano, is called up by Tite for trainings of the Seleção in the Copa América] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 20 May 2019. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Seleção Brasileira Olímpica definida para encarar os EUA na Espanha" [Olympic Brazil squad set to face the USA in Spain] (in Portuguese). CBF. 14 November 2019. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- Martinelli at Soccerway. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Games played by Gabriel Martinelli in 2019/2020". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Corinthians, Jean Mota e Martinelli dominam premiação do campeonato" [Corinthians, Jean Mota and Martinelli dominate the tournament's awards] (in Portuguese). Federação Paulista de Futebol. 22 April 2019. Retrieved 23 April 2019.