Gael Linn Cup 1962
|Gael Linn Cup winners|
|Winners||Leinster (6th title)|
|Gael Linn Cup Runners-up|
The 1962 Gael Linn Cup, the most important representative competition for elite level participants in the women's team field sport of camogie, was won by Leinster, who defeated Ulster in the final, played at Casement Park Belfast.
Ulster defeated Connacht 2–9 to 3–4 at Carrickmacross. Leinster defeated Munster 7–3 to 5–5 in one of the best matches of the year. Referee Kathleen Griffin played 20 minutes in the second half of the final at Casement Park instead of the regulation 25 minutes, with the score standing at Leinster 7–2, Ulster 5–3.
Miss Griffin stated that she had played, by here reckoning, the full 25 minutes of the second half, and the Central Council members present then confirmed Leinster as champions.
- Moran, Mary (2011). A Game of Our Own: The History of Camogie. Dublin, Ireland: Cumann Camógaíochta. p. 460. 978-1-908591-00-5
- Gael Linn Cup on Camogie.ie
- Report of final in Irish Press, 15 October 1962
- Report of final in Irish Independent, 15 October 1962
- Report of final in Irish Times, 15 October 1962
- Report of final in Irish Examiner, 15 October 1962
- Report of final in Irish News, 15 October 1962
Gael Linn Cup 1961
|Gael Linn Cup
1954 – present
Gael Linn Cup 1963