Gael Linn Cup 1987
|Gael Linn Cup winners|
|Winners||Leinster (20th title)|
|Gael Linn Cup Runners-up|
The 1987 Gael Linn Cup, the most important representative competition for elite level participants in the women's team field sport of camogie, was won by Leinster, who defeated Connacht in the final, played at Silver Park Kilmacud.
Angela Downey scored 4–5 as Leinster defeated Munster by 5–6 to 0–7 at Clane. Connacht defeated Ulster by nine points. Carmel O'Byrne scored 5–3 as Leinster won the final by 8–11 to 0–5 at Kilmacud's grounds in Glenalbyn. Leinster led 3–5 to 0–3 at half time.
Gael Linn Trophy
In the Gael Linn trophy semi-final at Clane Munster defeated Leinster 2–5 to 0–10 and defeated Ulster 2–6 to 2–5 in the final at Kilmacud's grounds in Silver Park.
- Moran, Mary (2011). A Game of Our Own: The History of Camogie. Dublin, Ireland: Cumann Camógaíochta. p. 460. 978-1-908591-00-5
- Gael Linn Cup on Camogie.ie
- Report of final in Irish Press, 2 November 1987
- Report of final in Irish Independent, 2 November 1987
- Report of final in Irish Times, 2 November 1987
- Report of final in Irish Examiner, 2 November 1987
- Report of final in Irish News, 2 November 1987
Gael Linn Cup 1986
| Gael Linn Cup
1954 – present
Gael Linn Cup 1988