Gael Linn Cup 1997
|Gael Linn Cup winners|
|Winners||Munster (12th title)|
|Gael Linn Cup Runners-up|
The 1997 Gael Linn Cup, the most important representative competition for elite level participants in the women's team field sport of camogie, was won by Munster, who defeated Leinster in the final, played at Russell Park.
Leinster defeated Ulster 3–14 to 3–13 in the semi-final at Russell Park. Lynn Dunlea scored 2–5 as Munster defeated Connacht 3–14 to 2–10.
Leinster led by four points ten minutes from the end of the final against Munster at Russell Park. But Munster's come back brought the match to extra-time for the second successive year and their superior fitness enabled them to add 3–7 during the 20 minutes of extended play.
Gael Linn Trophy
Munster defeated Connacht 3–14 to 4–6 and Kildare's Miriam Malone scored the only goal of the game as Leinster defeated Ulster 1–8. Tipperary's Deirdre Hughes scored 3–1 as Munster defeated Leinster 3–11 to 2–10 in the final.
- Moran, Mary (2011). A Game of Our Own: The History of Camogie. Dublin, Ireland: Cumann Camógaíochta. p. 460. 978-1-908591-00-5
- Gael Linn Cup on Camogie.ie
- Report of final in Evening Echo, 1 October 1997
- Report of final in Irish Independent, 1 October 1997
- Report of final in Irish Times, 1 October 1997
- Report of final in Irish Examiner, 1 October 1997
- Report of final in Irish News, 1 October 1997
Gael Linn Cup 1996
|Gael Linn Cup
1954 – present
Gael Linn Cup 1998