General Enrique Mosconi International Airport
|General Enrique Mosconi International Airport
Aeropuerto de Comodoro Rivadavia "Gral. Enrique Mosconi"
|IATA: CRD – ICAO: SAVC
– WMO: 87860
|Operator||Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 S.A.|
|Location||Camino del aeropuerto Km. 9 (CP 9000), Comodoro Rivadavia|
|Elevation AMSL||190 ft / 58 m|
General Enrique Mosconi International Airport (Spanish: Aeropuerto Internacional General Enrigue Mosconi) (IATA: CRD, ICAO: SAVC) is an international airport in the Chubut Province, Argentina serving Comodoro Rivadavia. The airfield is located 11 kilometres (6.8 mi) of the city, covers an area of 810 hectares (2,000 acres; 3.1 sq mi), and has a 4,000 square metres (43,000 sq ft) terminal.
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
It was built in 1929, and was officially inaugurated with an Aeroposta Argentina flight between Bahía Blanca and Comodoro Rivadavia vía San Antonio Oeste and Trelew on 1 November 1929. The new terminal was constructed in 1952. The airport was named after the Argentine military engineer Enrique Mosconi.
Aeropuertos Argentina 2000 has been operating the airport since the early 2000s.
Airlines and destinations
|Passengers||Change from previous year||Aircraft operations||Change from previous year||Cargo
|Change from previous year|
|Source: Airports Council International. World Airport Traffic Statistics
Accidents and incidents
- 1956: An Argentine Army Douglas C-54A, tail number CTA-4, was damaged beyond economical repair at the airport, under unspecified circumstances. There were no reported fatalities.
- 8 April 2004: An Argentine Air Force Twin Otter, registration T-84, force-landed 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) off the airport. Despite the aircraft sustaining substantial damage, there were no reported fatalities among the six occupants.
- Movimiento operacional de los aeropuertos del Sistema Nacional - Año 2014 - ORSNA.
- Airport information for SAVC at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport Council International 2010 World Airport Traffic Report
- Accident description for CTA-4 at the Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved on 8 March 2012.
- Accident description for T-84 at the Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved on 8 March 2012.
- Aeropuertos Argentina 2000
- Accident history for General Enrique Mosconi International Airport at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for General Enrique Mosconi International Airport at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).