|Geva Kate Mentor|
|Full name||Geva Kate Mentor|
17 September 1984 |
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|School||St Peter's Catholic Comprehensive School|
|University||University of Bath|
|Playing position(s): GK, GD|
|Last updated: 15 October 2010|
Geva Kate Mentor (born 17 September 1984 in Bournemouth, England) is an English international netball player. Mentor was selected for the England national team in 2000, debuting the following year against New Zealand, at age 16. To date she has received a silver medal at the 2005 World Youth Netball Championships in Miami, Florida, and two bronze medals at the 2006 and 2010 Commonwealth Games.
As of 2007 Mentor plays with the Surrey Storm in the Netball Superleague, after winning two Superleague premierships with Team Bath. In 2008, she signed up to play in the Australasian ANZ Championship with the Adelaide Thunderbirds. Mentor played three seasons with the Thunderbirds, and was a member of their 2010 championship-winning team. For the 2011 ANZ Championship season, she has signed with the Melbourne Vixens following changes to player eligibility rules. By playing in the 2011 ANZ Championship, Mentor asked to be excused selection in a tour to Jamaica as she was looking to buy a house and was told that this was not possible. If she failed to make herself available, then she would be considered ineligible for the England national team for that entire year, including the 2011 Netball World Championships in Singapore, although this ineligibility was later overturned via a compromise agreement between the players and the management team allowing Mentor to play for England in the World Championships.
2014: Geva played her 4th season with Melbourne Vixens as their number 1 Goal Keeper, The Vixens went on to win the Grand Finals in July: becoming ANZ Champions for the 2nd time in their history. Dec: Liverpool, Geva gained her 100th cap for England Netball playing against Wales. 2015: busy year: another ANZ season with Melbourne Vixens and The Netball Worlds in Aug.
- "England Netball profile: Geva Mentor". Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "2010 Adelaide Thunderbirds profile: Geva Mentor". Archived from the original on October 14, 2008. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "England win bronze in netball". BBC News. 14 October 2010. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- Hudson, Louise (29 September 2009). "Sonia Mkoloma and Geva Mentor sign for Surrey Storm". Sportsister. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- Williams, Rebecca (16 September 2010). "Dynamic signing for Melbourne Vixens". Herald Sun. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Newstalk ZB; ONE Sport (15 September 2010). "Mkoloma, Mentor snub England". TVNZ. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
|This biographical article related to netball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to sports in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|