2 September 1984 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|University||University of Bath|
|Playing position(s): GA,GS,WA|
|Last updated: 22 November 2010|
In domestic netball, Cookey has played with TeamBath in the Netball Superleague since the competition's inception in 2005, winning two titles in 2005–06 and 2008–09. She also played in the Australasian ANZ Championship in 2009, signing with New Zealand franchise the Northern Mystics.
Pam was announced as a Surrey Storm player joining ahead of the 2015 Super League season. This could see the playing partnership with Tamsin Greenway return once again.
Cookey was a surprise inclusion in the England national netball team as a seventeen-year-old, for the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, but was unable to participate due to a knee injury. She was also named in the team the following year, but withdrew due to study commitments at the University of Bath.
She made her senior debut with England in 2004 against Australia, and two years later won a bronze medal with the England team at the 2006 Commonwealth Games. She won a second Commonwealth Games bronze medal in 2010, and later that year won silver at the World Netball Series.
- Pamela Cookey TeamBath; Retrieved 30 April 2010
- Johannsen, Dana (6 November 2008). "Franchises forced overseas to fill spots". The New Zealand Herald. APN New Zealand. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- Ash, Julie (9 November 2007). "Five to watch". The New Zealand Herald. APN New Zealand. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- "England netballer opts out for study". The New Zealand Herald. APN New Zealand. NZPA. 29 May 2003. Retrieved 30 April 2010.
- England netball star Pamela Cookey reveals double life BBC Sport, 19 September 2013
|This biographical article related to netball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to sports in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|