|Industry||energy supply company|
|Richard Slifka (Chairman)
Eric Slifka (CEO)
Mark Romaine (COO)
|Revenue||$9,019.1 million (2008) |
Global Partners LP (NYSE: GLP) is an American energy supply company ranked 146 in the 2014[update] Fortune 500. The company is organized as a master limited partnership, and its operations focus on the importing of petroleum products and marketing them in North America. It wholesales products like crude oil, diesel oil, gasoline, heating oil and kerosene.
Its CEO is Eric Slifka and it is based in Waltham, Massachusetts. The company was founded in 1933.
In October 2012, Global Partners announced that it was buying a majority stake in two trans-loading facilities in North Dakota for a fee of around $80 million, expanding its presence in the Bakken region.
Global was founded in 1933 as a single truck heating oil distributor. Since then, it has grown through the acquisitions of gasoline stations, convenience stores, pipelines, and storage terminals.
- "Profile: Global Partners", CNN Money
- Fortune 500 company listing
- Reuters (5 October 2012). "Global Partners to buy assets in Bakken for $80 mln". Reuters.
- "Global Partners is now an industry powerhouse". Boston Globe. June 9, 2013.
- Saul Tannenbaum (June 10, 2013). "What The Globe Didn't Tell You About Global Partners". Cambridge, Massachusetts: Cambridge Community Television.
|This article about a natural gas or petroleum-related company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|