Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia
|Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich|
|Spouse||Elena Pavlovna of Württemberg|
|Issue||Grand Duchess Maria Mikhailovna
Grand Duchess Elizabeta Mikhailovna
Grand Duchess Ekaterina Mikhailovna
Grand Duchess Alexandra Mikhailovna
Grand Duchess Anna Mikhailovna
|House||House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov|
|Mother||Sophie Dorothea of Württemberg|
8 February 1798|
|Died||9 September 1849
Grand Duke Michael Pavlovich of Russia (Russian: Михаи́л Па́влович; Mikhail Pavlovich) (8 February 1798 – 9 September 1849) was a Russian nobleman, the tenth child and fourth son of Paul I of Russia and Sophie Dorothea of Württemberg. He was born in St. Petersburg.
Marriage and issue
In St. Petersburg on 19 February 1824, Michael married his first cousin once removed Princess Charlotte of Württemberg (1807–1873), the daughter of Prince Paul of Württemberg and Charlotte of Saxe-Hildburghausen. Charlotte took the name Elena Pavlovna upon converting to Orthodoxy. They had five children:
- Grand Duchess Maria Mikhailovna of Russia (9 March 1825 Moscow – 19 November 1846 Vienna); died unmarried.
- Grand Duchess Elizabeta Mikhailovna of Russia (26 May 1826 Moscow – 28 January 1845 Wiesbaden); married Adolf, Duke of Nassau and died in childbirth.
- Grand Duchess Ekaterina Mikhailovna of Russia (28 August 1827 – 12 May 1894), married Duke Georg August of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
- Grand Duchess Alexandra Mikhailovna of Russia (28 January 1831 Moscow – 27 March 1832 Moscow)
- Grand Duchess Anna Mikhailovna of Russia (27 October 1834 Moscow – 22 March 1836 Saint Petersburg)
Michael died in Warsaw, aged 51.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Pavlovich of Russia.|