Grant Township, Newton County, Indiana
Grain Elevator along the tracks serving western Indiana farmers
Location in Newton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.52 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Land||35.52 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||33.5/sq mi (12.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||47922, 47948, 47951|
|GNIS feature ID||453337|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.52 square miles (92.0 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Goodland and Mount Calvary.
- South Newton School Corporation
Grant Township is served by the Goodland-Grant Township Public Library.
- Indiana's 1st congressional district
- State House District 15
- State Senate District 6
- "Grant Township, Newton County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-09.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- A standard history of Jasper and Newton counties, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. 1916. p. 198.
- "Indiana public library directory" (PDF). Indiana State Library. Retrieved 10 March 2018.