Green Camp Township, Marion County, Ohio
|Green Camp Township, Marion County, Ohio|
Fields north of the village of Green Camp
Location of Green Camp Township in Marion County
|• Total||24.4 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Land||24.4 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Density||47.7/sq mi (18.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086579|
Green Camp Township is one of the fifteen townships of Marion County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,163 people in the township, 821 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Big Island Township - north
- Marion Township - northeast
- Pleasant Township - east
- Prospect Township - southeast
- Jackson Township, Union County - southwest
- Bowling Green Township - west
The village of Green Camp is located in eastern Green Camp Township.
Name and history
It is the only Green Camp Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Marion County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.