|Location||Winston-Salem, NC, USA|
|Address||3320 Silas Creek Parkway|
|Management||CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties, Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||200+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,558,860 square feet (144,823 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
|Parking||Circumnavigatible parking lot with 7,861 spaces|
Hanes Mall is a shopping mall located off I-40 on Silas Creek Parkway between Stratford Road and Hanes Mall Boulevard in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The mall has 1,558,860 square feet (144,823 m2) GLA and has 5 anchor stores and over 200 tenants in all.
The original mall, the north wing, was opened in 1975 with Belk, J.C. Penney and Sears. In 1990, a new wing was built, expanding the mall southward to include Ivey's (this store was signed as Ivey's but, due to an acquisition by the parent company, opened as Dillard's), Thalhimer's (converted to Hecht's in 1992, and to Macy's in 2006) and a new food court.
Because of this design, one must go through J.C. Penney to cross from one wing to the other. In addition, the mall is built into the side of the hill; patrons enter through the first floor on the east side of the mall, but must enter on the second floor on the west side. Hanes Mall is two stories throughout, with the exception of Belk and Macy's, which each have an additional floor.
The road that loops the mall's parking lot is known as Hanes Mall Circle and is the address for many outlying businesses including McDonald's, Dick's Sporting Goods, Golden Corral, Texas Roadhouse, Carolina Ale House and Olive Garden. There are five roadway entrances into the mall parking lot, one off of Silas Creek Parkway, two off of Hanes Mall Boulevard, and two off of Stratford Road. Hanes Mall also had a four-screen General Cinema movie theater until October 10, 2000; it stood at the spot that is now home to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant. Golden Corral is in what used to be the parking lot next to the theater. Golden Corral has the theater's old address which is 180 Hanes Mall Circle. The theater closed after the lease ended. The theater was at Hanes Mall for 25 years and was one of the original buildings at the mall.
Hanes Mall has the Piedmont Triad's only locations of upscale stores, It features a number of national retailers. The Wake Forest University Deacon Shop also is located at the mall on the lower level of the north wing just outside Belk.
- Dillard's - 143,000 square feet (13,300 m2), two levels
- JCPenney - 190,000 square feet (18,000 m2), two levels
- Sears - 210,000 square feet (20,000 m2), two levels
- H&M - 35,000 square feet (3,300 m2), two levels
- Belk - 241,607 sq. ft. three levels
- Macy's - 151,310 sq. ft. three levels
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2012)|
The food court is located on the second floor of the South Mall. Vendors in the food court include:
- Firehouse Subs
- Sarku Japan
- The Steak Escape
- Great Wraps
- Dippin' Dots
- Thai Max
- Mandarin Express
- Great American Cookie
- "Hanes Mall". CBL & Associates, Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Staff Reports (June 24, 2011). "Fashion retailer H&M coming to Hanes Mall". Greensboro News & Record. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- JournalNow Staff (June 24, 2011). "Business Briefs: Media General announces furloughs". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "MacAuthority to open in Hanes Mall". News & Record. November 6, 2012. Retrieved November 6, 2012.