Laurel Park Place
|Location||Livonia, Michigan, USA|
|Developer||Schostak Bros. & Co.|
|Management||CBL & Associates Properties|
|Owner||CBL & Associates Properties|
|No. of stores and services||74|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||506,685 sq ft (47,100 m2)|
|No. of floors||1|
Laurel Park Place is an enclosed upscale shopping mall located in the city of Livonia, a suburb of Detroit, Michigan, United States. The mall, which is managed by CBL & Associates Properties, features over 70 restaurants and stores, with Carson's and Von Maur as anchor stores. Laurel Park Place includes the Phoenix movie theaters, restaurants, a food court, the attached Livonia Marriott hotel, and an office tower. In 2004, Laurel Park Place had $409 per sq ft of sales, above the threshold for class A mall properties. It is located near the intersection of I-275 and 6 Mile Rd.
Laurel Park Place was developed by Schostak Bros & Co. of Southfield, Michigan. The mall opened in 1989, featuring a Marriott hotel, an office tower, with Jackson, Michigan-based Jacobson's as its anchor store. This store was the largest Jacobson's in the chain.
Parisian opened its first Michigan location at the mall in August 1994. The store was part of a 150,000-square-foot (14,000 m2) expansion that included additional mall space at the northern end. Jacobson's declared bankruptcy and closed the last of its stores in 2002, and their store at Laurel Park Place was replaced a year later by Von Maur. CBL & Associates Properties acquired a 70% joint venture interest in the mall from Schostak Bros. & Co. in 2005. Schostak has since moved its headquarters into Laurel Park Place's office complex.
In 2007, Laurel Park Place was one of three Detroit-area shopping malls to install big-screen televisions throughout the mall, advertising businesses within the mall itself. A food court was added next to the Marriott hotel in 2008.
- Laurel Park Place fact sheet Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- CBL & Associates Properties Announces Closing on Acquisition of Laurel Park Place in Livonia, MI. BNET. Retrieved on July 4, 2009.
- Laurel Park Place sold to developer
- SEC Info - Marriott Diversified American Hotels LP · 10-12G · On 6/12/98
- "Parisian readies 1st Michigan store in Livonia" (PDF). Westland Observer. March 21, 1994. pp. 6A, 7A. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- Two malls hit the market in suburban Detroit Archived 2011-08-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Von Maur Moves In
- CBL & Associates Properties Announces Closing on Acquisition of Laurel Park Place in Livonia, MI
- Schostak moves offices to Livonia (Brief article)[dead link]
- Mall TVs broadcast retailers' video ads