Location in LaPorte County, Indiana
|• Total||0.98 sq mi (2.53 km2)|
|• Land||0.98 sq mi (2.53 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Density||473/sq mi (182.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||435685|
Hanna is located in southern LaPorte County at U.S. Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) passes through the north side of the community, leading west 16 miles (26 km) to Valparaiso and east 25 miles (40 km) to Plymouth., in the western part of Hanna Township.
Hanna has a public library, a branch of the La Porte County Public Library.
|US Decennial Census|
- "US Census website". US Census Bureau. Retrieved 31 January 2008.
- "Hanna, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 17 October 2009.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Census Summary File 1, Hanna CDP, Indiana". American FactFinder. US Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 13 February 2020. Retrieved January 23, 2020.
- History of La Porte County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages, and Townships. C. C. Chapman & Co. 1880. p. 710.
- Packard, Jasper (1876). History of La Porte County, Indiana, and Its Townships, Towns and Cities. S. E. Taylor, printers. p. 188.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 157. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...named for Judge Hanna of Fort Wayne, who was involved in bringing the railroad here.
- "US Gazetteer Files: 2019: Places: Indiana". US Census Bureau Geography Division. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
|This LaPorte County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|