Hasan with Galatasaray in 2012
|Full name||Hasan Gökhan Şaş|
|Date of birth||1 August 1976|
|Place of birth||Karataş, Turkey|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2011–2013||Galatasaray (Assistant Manager)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He is best known for his time at Galatasaray and for his performance with the Turkey national team at the FIFA World Cup 2002, where he was voted into the All-Star Team. During both assignments, he played as a winger with great success.
In 1998, Hasan signed with Galatasaray for $4.4 million, but almost immediately upon arrival, he was suspended from football for six months after doping testing returned a positive result for the banned substance Phenylpropanolamine. The winger did not allow the sizable bout with adversity to ruin his burgeoning career, as he roundly regained his spot with Galatasaray in the 1999-2000 season, in which the club won the first major European trophy for any Turkish club. Galatasaray won the UEFA Cup title in 2000 over Arsenal in a hard-fought final, and went on to win the 2000 European Super Cup.
In the Champions League competition in 2000–01, the left-sided attacker made 12 appearances for Galatasaray. He even managed to grab goals against such giants as Spain's Real Madrid and Italy's A.C. Milan as well as against the Brazilian National Team in 2002 FIFA World Cup. After establishing himself for both club and country, Milan, Arsenal and French side Nantes expressed interest in the player's services, but terms could not be agreed.
At the end of the 2008–09 Super Lig season it was announced that Galatasaray would not be renewing his contract and after declining many lucrative contracts to play in Qatar and Saudi Arabia, Hasan announced his retirement from professional football.
|Turkey national team|
|1.||3 June 2002||Munsu Cup Stadium, Ulsan, South Korea||Brazil||2–1||Loss||2002 FIFA World Cup|
|2.||13 June 2002||Seoul World Cup Stadium, Seoul, South Korea||China PR||3–0||Win||2002 FIFA World Cup|
- FIFA World Cup 2002: 3rd place
- FIFA World Cup 2002: All-Star Team
- Turkish footballers in doping case
- Turkish sportspeople in doping case
- Mamrud, Roberto (29 October 2009). "Turkey – Record International Players". RSSSF.
- "Şaş, Hasan". National Football Teams. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "Hasan Sas". soccerbase.com. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "Hasan Gökhan Şaş". Mackolik.com. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "Hasan Şaş'a kebaplı düğün". hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "HASAN ŞAŞ EVLENDİ...". habervitrini.com. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "Hasan Şaş eşinden boşandı". http://skorer.milliyet.com.tr. Retrieved 15 February 2014. External link in