|Launched||3 July 2012|
|Owned by||The Box Plus Network
(Bauer Media Group/Channel Four Television Corporation)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.02% (April 2017BARB),|
|Formerly called||Heat (2012–2016)|
|Sky (UK only)||Channel 359|
|Astra 2F||12304 H 27500 5/6|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 330|
|Virgin Media Ireland||Channel 714|
|The Box Plus Network||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)
Watch live (Ireland only)
Box Upfront (formerly Heat) is a British music television channel owned by The Box Plus Network, a joint venture between Bauer Media Group and Channel Four Television Corporation. It launched on 3 July 2012, and was originally based on the magazine of the same name. The channel replaced Q.
The channel features daily celebrity gossip show Heat's Huge News, as well as a 60-minute programme rounding up weeks stories, titled Heat's Huge Week of News, which is produced by ITN. In addition, ITN Productions co-produces celebrity documentary series Real Stories with Box Television. Heat also features The Heat-Ometer, its pick of the 20 biggest music videos narrated by Heat editor, Lucie Cave.
On 2 April 2013, all Box Television channels went free-to-air on satellite, apart from 4Music which went free-to-view. As a result, the channels were removed from the Sky EPG in Ireland. However, Heat launched on Freesat on 29 April 2013, alongside Magic, following the addition of four other Box Television channels on 15 April.
On 25 May 2016, the channel was rebranded as Box Upfront.
Music Video Programming
Box Hits doesn't have any countdowns to the type of music that it delivers, instead music videos are played back to back in these shows:
- Upfront & Super Hot - Hot hot hot! We've got all the new tracks from the biggest and freshest stars right here!
- Hot 10 at 10 - 10 hottest tracks edited into a 10-minute remix.
- The Pulse - Stay ahead of the curve and discover breaking bands alongside the hottest music bubbling under the charts right now!
- 20 Freakin' Weekend Future Anthems - It's the weekend so we're looking ahead for the future anthems! These tracks will be the soundtrack to your weekends from now on!
- Loaded! 10 Big New Vids - The top 10 tracks everyone is loving at the moment.
- UK HOTLIST Top 20 - Presented by Bethan Leadley and with data supplied by Spotify, the UK HOTLIST supplies you with the 20 most streamed music videos of the week.
- UK HOTLIST Breakers - Vick Hope has the 3 biggest new releases that are expected to hit the UK HOTLIST in the coming weeks.
- The UK Music Video Chart: Top 40 - Presented by Bethan Leadley and with data supplied by YouTube, The UKMVC supplies you with the 40 most watched music videos of the week.
- The Official Box Upfront Chart - Presented by Jon Jackson and with data complied by Radio Monitor, The Official Box Upfront Chart plays the 10 biggest pre-release tracks.
- All New, All Night - We're seeing you all through the night with the newest music videos around!
- Super Fresh Breakfast - We welcome in your day with the freshest music videos to give your day the most up to date start!
- So Fresh & Now! - All the best of today's new music, right here, right now!
- HYPE - The latest music videos from the worlds of Hip Hop, R'n'B, Grime and Urban music.
- VIP Track of the Week - The week's must heard song as chosen by 4Music.
- Box Fresh - A campaign launched at the beginning of 2017 as a replacement for the Box Upfront series of shows (excluding The Official Box Upfront Chart). Vick Hope presents all Box Fresh branded programming on TV.
- "Bauer axes Q TV after nearly 12 years to make way for Heat TV". Brand Republic. 23 May 2012. Archived from the original on 29 July 2012.
- "ITN PRODUCTIONS WINS CELEBRITY NEWS DEAL FOR HEAT TV". ITN. 28 June 2012. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012.
- "Heat TV to launch on 3 July". The Guardian. 23 May 2012.
- "Bauer's Box channels appear free-to-air on satellite". a516digital. 2 April 2013.
- "Magic and Heat TV stations added to Freesat". a516digital. 29 April 2013.
- "The Box Plus Network announces the biggest refresh in its 24-year history". The Box Plus Network. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
|This article on a United Kingdom television channel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|