Heng On Station
|This article does not cite any sources. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|MTR rapid transit station|
|Location||Near Kam On Court, Sai Sha Road, Ma On Shan
Sha Tin District, Hong Kong
|Owned by||KCR Corporation|
|Operated by||MTR Corporation|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
Heng On (Chinese: 恆安) is a station on the Ma On Shan Line of Hong Kong MTR, named after the nearby Heng On Estate. It also serves other residential areas like Kam Fung Court, Kam On Court, Baycrest, Vista Paradiso, and Yiu On Estate. It also serves over 10 schools (including Renaissance College) and two sports centres – Ma On Shan Sports Ground and Heng On Sports Centre.
The print featured on the platform pillars and glass barrier is of farmland which used to exist in the Ma On Shan area.
The name of the station was formally announced by KCR Corporation in 2000. Heng On Station opened along with the rest of the Ma On Shan Line in 2004.
The platform was doubled in length in 2014 as part of the Sha Tin to Central Link, which will extend the Ma On Shan Line trains from four cars to eight cars.
|P||Platform 1||← Ma On Shan Line towards Tai Wai (Tai Shui Hang)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||Ma On Shan Line towards Wu Kai Sha (Ma On Shan) →|
|Customer Service Centre, toilets, MTRShops|
|S||Subway||Customer Service Centre, exits A and B|
The nearby bus terminus at Heng On Estate and Yiu On Estate provides interchange with the following bus routes:
- 43X: Tsuen Wan West Station ↔ Yiu On
- 81C: Yiu On ↔ Tsim Sha Tsui East (Mody Road)
- 85K: Heng On ↔ Sha Tin Station
- 89C: Heng On ↔ Kwun Tong (Tsui Ping Road)
- 281X: Yiu On → Tsim Sha Tsui East (Mody Road) (Morning Rush Time Service)
- 286M: Ma On Shan Town Centre ↔ Diamond Hill Station
- Cross Harbour Tunnel Bus
- 681P: Yiu On ↔ Sheung Wan
- 682A: Ma On Shan Town Centre ↔ Chai Wan (East) (Rush Time Service)
- GMB 801
- GMB 807A
- GMB 810
- "KCRC awards HK$4,100 million East Rail Extensions contracts". KCR Corporation. 3 December 2000.
- "Heng On Station layout" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Heng On Station street map" (PDF). MTR Corporation. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Heng On Station.|