Highland Hospital (Oakland, California)
|Alameda Health System|
|Location||1411 E 31st St, Oakland, CA 94602, United States|
|Care system||Community Hospital|
|Emergency department||Level I Trauma|
|Lists||Hospitals in the United States|
It has been an adult Level I trauma center since August 3, 2017 and an adult Level II trauma center since 1985 and operates the most trafficked emergency department in the county. Highland Hospital is affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and is also home to the UCSF East Bay Surgery Program. Their medical residency programs are among the most competitive and highly sought after in the nation.
The Waiting Room
Highland Hospital was the location of The Waiting Room, a 2012 documentary film and social media project directed by Peter Nicks composed of vignettes of events, patients, doctors, and staff at Highland, compressed as if the events occurred over one day.
- List of hospitals in California
- The Waiting Room (2012 film) – documentary following the lives of patients and staff at Highland Hospital Emergency Department during one day.
- "Highland Hospital Named East Bay's First Adult Level 1 Trauma Center | Alameda Health System". www.alamedahealthsystem.org. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Designated trauma centers. From State of California Emergency Medical Services Authority. Access 2012-07-19
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Highland Hospital
|This article relating to a hospital in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Alameda County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|