Ventura County Medical Center
|Ventura County Medical Center|
|Location||3291 Loma Vista Road, Ventura, California, United States|
|Care system||County, Medicare, Medicaid|
|Affiliated university||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Emergency department||Level II trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Ventura County Medical Center is a hospital in the city of Ventura, California, USA. It is a Level II Trauma Center with 208 bed acute care hospital. The county also operates a 49 bed campus in Santa Paula. As a teaching hospital, affiliated with University of California, Los Angeles, it was recognized as the best family-medicine residency program in the United States in 2014. In November 2014, the county health center launched a public health initiative How High Ventura County in Southern California. It is the largest teen marijuana education platform in California launched to educate parents about the harm that consuming marijuana causes to the adolescent brain.
A 220,000 square-foot state-of-the-art replacement wing is currently under construction to meet California's updated seismic regulations, and is scheduled its completion mid 2017. 
Ventura County Medical Center is a full-service acute care hospital with a 24-hour emergency center. Along with intensive care and definitive observation units, it also houses specialty care units such as medical/ surgical, telemetry and oncology, pediatric, and neonatal. 
- Kisken, Tom. "VCMC's Doctor-Training Program Ranked No. 1 In Nation". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "What's Your High Q? Thousand Oaks Program Educates Parents In Combatting Teen Pot Use". MSN News. 20 November 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Gardner, Amanda (27 August 2012). "Pot smoking may leave mark on teen brains". CNN. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Welcome to the VCMC Hospital Replacement Wing Project Site". VCMC Hospital Replacement Wing. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "Ventura County Medical Center". Ventura County Health Care Agency. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Ventura County Medical Center Official Website
- This hospital in the CA Healthcare Atlas A project by OSHPD
-  Ventura County Medical Center Patient Information Booklet
|This article relating to a hospital in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|