Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital|
|Location||Santa Barbara, California, United States|
|Emergency department||Level II trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is a full-service hospital, primarily serving the diverse population of Santa Barbara County. There are three other satellite hospitals within the Cottage Health system, Santa Ynez Cottage Hospital, Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital and Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital. All four hospitals have been mandated by the State of California to conform to new earthquake standards. As a result, both the Santa Barbara and Goleta campuses are in the process of rebuilding 21st-century hospital facilities. While the Santa Barbara hospital is now fully funded, a capital campaign is still in progress to fully fund the new Goleta facility. The hospital has regular medical-surgical beds as well as a CCU and an ICU.
A full gamut of medical services are available, including a neonatal intensive care unit. The standard of care in the community is generally that of cardiac catheterization (not thrombolytics) for heart attacks requiring intervention.
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is replacing all of its inpatient care facilities at an estimated cost of more than $700 million. The new hospital’s healing environment will feature natural light, increased green space, and environmentally sensitive elements. Its award-winning architectural design will be both patient- and family-friendly and representative of the Spanish Colonial style for which the community is so well known.
The new SBCH will feature
- 337 spacious rooms
- increased privacy
- numerous meditation areas and gardens, including a “River of Life” flowing through the central gardens
- tripled capacity in the Level II Trauma Center/Emergency Department
- air ambulance services
- consolidated pediatric services in Cottage Children’s Hospital, including a Pediatric Multi-Specialty Clinic
- larger, state-of-the-art operating suites, with minimally invasive and robotic surgical services
- sophisticated imaging and other diagnostic technologies
- "Cottage Health System > Get Involved > Building for the Future > The New Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital". Sbch.org. 2008-12-31. Retrieved 2012-01-20.