The Highway (Sirius XM)
|Broadcast area||United States
|Slogan||The Road To New Country. Direct From Nashville!|
|Frequency||Sirius XM Radio 56
DISH Network 6056
|Class||Satellite Radio Station|
|Owner||Sirius XM Radio|
|Website||SiriusXM: The Highway|
The Highway is a hit, new country radio channel on Sirius channel 56(previously 60 on Sirius), and 56 on XM(previously 16) (where it replaced Highway 16 on XM) and channel 6056 on Dish Network. It plays no commercials.
The Highway is among the most popular music channels on satellite radio. As of 2014, SiriusXM reports it has more than 27 million subscribers.
Every Friday, listeners visiting Nashville are invited into the studios to become a part of the show called the "Music Row Happy Hour" with Buzz Brainard.
Recent exclusive programming includes artist "Town Hall" broadcasts with Jason Aldean, Taylor Swift, and Ronnie Dunn, and live concerts with Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, and The Band Perry, Until February 9, 2010, it was heard on DirecTV channel 814. The channel has changed the music business by creating new stars through its "Highway Find" feature; which gives airplay to unsigned and independent artists. The channel bypasses the traditional record company lock on the business. The Highway was the first to play Florida Georgia Line before the duo had a record deal, among others.
- The Highway Hot 45 Weekend Countdown: Weekly countdown show determined by members of "The Highway Patrol," a free club of listeners who rate the music in a special online application. Saturdays at 9am Eastern, with repeats all weekend.
- On the Horizon: Hosted by Buzz Brainard, On the Horizon is a one hour show that features new songs by up-and-coming artists. Saturdays at Noon Eastern, with repeats all weekend.
- Takin' The Wheel: Celebrity guest DJ takeover show.
- Highway Hang Time: Artists hang in our studios and preview new music. Can also include live exclusive performances.
- Superfan Concerts: Live performances by stars and up-and-coming artists.
- Music City Connection: Heroes Behind The Hits: Acoustic guitar pull of songwriters and artists telling stories and playing the songs that have become big hits for them or other artists. Monthly show.
- Associated Press (7 January 2015). "Sirius XM tops 2014 subscriber targets". Crain's New York Business.
- "Nothing Like SiriusXM The Highway". Our Country Concerts.
- "How Satellite Radio Is Breaking Country's Next Big Stars". Rolling Stone.
- Hannah Karp (12 April 2014). "Nashville's New Hit Maker Is Satellite Radio Programmer - WSJ". WSJ.
|This article about a radio station in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|