Hopewell Township, Seneca County, Ohio
|Hopewell Township, Seneca County, Ohio|
Street scene in Bascom
Location of Hopewell Township (red) in Seneca County, adjacent to the city of Tiffin (yellow).
|• Total||34.5 sq mi (89.4 km2)|
|• Land||34.4 sq mi (89.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||761 ft (232 m)|
|• Density||83.6/sq mi (32.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086947|
Located in the west central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Liberty Township - north
- Pleasant Township - northeast corner
- Clinton Township - east
- Eden Township - southeast corner
- Seneca Township - south
- Big Spring Township - southwest corner
- Loudon Township - west
- Jackson Township - northwest corner
Name and history
Hopewell Township was organized in 1824.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Seneca County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Lang, William (1880). History of Seneca County, from the Close of the Revolutionary War to July, 1880. Transcript Printing Company. p. 540.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.