Jackson Township, Seneca County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Seneca County, Ohio|
Fields along State Route 12
Location of Jackson Township (red) in Seneca County, adjacent to the city of Fostoria (yellow).
|• Total||34.9 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.9 sq mi (90.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||47.0/sq mi (18.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086948|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Scott Township, Sandusky County - north
- Jackson Township, Sandusky County - northeast corner
- Liberty Township - east
- Hopewell Township -southeast corner
- Loudon Township - south
- Washington Township, Hancock County - southwest corner
- Perry Township, Wood County - west
- Montgomery Township, Wood County - northwest corner
Part of the city of Fostoria is located in southwestern Jackson Township.
Name and history
Jackson Township was organized in 1832.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Seneca County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates[permanent dead link] Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Lang, William (1880). History of Seneca County, from the Close of the Revolutionary War to July, 1880. Transcript Printing Company. p. 546.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.