Zagoria is a former municipality in the Gjirokastër County, southern Albania. At the 2015 local government reform it became a subdivision of the municipality Libohovë. The population at the 2011 census was 411. The municipality consists of the villages Sheper, Nivan, Nderan, Topovë, Konckë, Hoshtevë, Bithyq, Zhej, Lliar. The region is at the center of the Zagoria Regional Nature Park. Its population is mostly ethnically Albanian, traditionally with an Orthodox Christian majority like the neighboring Lunxhëria region, although many people today are very lax about actual observance.
- John Zenevisi, ruler of Epirus and Gjirokastra during medieval era.
- Andon Zako Çajupi, poet, activist of the Albanian National Awakening
- Mihal Harito, politician
- Mihal Kasso, politician
- Aristidh Ruci, politician
- Peco Kagjini, politician, mayor of Tirana
- Kiço Ngjela, Communist Albania politician
- Kiço Blushi, writer
- Vito Kapo, politician
- Pirro Kondi, politician, Politburo candidate-member