House of Frankenstein (miniseries)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|House of Frankenstein|
|Written by||J. B. White|
|Directed by||Peter Werner|
C. C. H. Pounder
|Music by||Don Davis|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Producer(s)||Michael R. Joyce|
Scot J. Kelly
|Running time||168 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Universal Television Entertainment|
Studios USA Television
|Original release||November 2, 1997 - November 3, 1997|
House of Frankenstein (a.k.a. House of Frankenstein 1997) is a 1997 television miniseries that revived Universal's threesome, the vampire, Frankenstein's monster and the werewolf. It starred Adrian Pasdar, Greg Wise and Teri Polo. It first aired on NBC in two parts on November 2 and November 3, 1997.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2015)
Vernon Coyle (Pasdar), a detective with the Los Angeles Police Department, is trying to solve a series of bizarre murders. His girlfriend, Grace (Polo), turns into a werewolf and is kidnapped by Crispian Grimes (Wise), a vampire and owner of the nightclub House of Frankenstein. Meanwhile, a man, claiming to be Frankenstein's monster, comes to Los Angeles to find the vampire that killed his creator 200 years ago.
He had lived in the Arctic Circle for centuries and had been thawed out recently. A medical examiner comes in and is shocked that he has no heartbeat and that his blood consists of that of several different people. The creature escapes and confronts Grimes in an alley, but gets arrested. Coyle realizes that the creature is really a creation of Frankenstein, and helps him track down Grimes and put a stop to his reign of terror. Grace turns into a werewolf and goes on a rampage, where she gets captured by Grimes and will be a part of his exhibit forever.
Coyle and the creature destroy Grimes' army of the undead, but he escapes. The creature also escapes, having finally avenged his creator's death. He sneaks aboard a research vessel on its way to Antarctica. Grace revives after a successful blood transfusion makes her human again. Coyle and Grace later visit his partner's grave as he was the first victim of Grimes, who is watching them from afar.
- Adrian Pasdar as Vernon Coyle, a police detective trying to solve the case of "The Midnight Raptor"
- Greg Wise as Crispian Grimes, a Dracula-like vampire who is known to the police as a serial killer nicknamed "The Midnight Raptor". He is the millionaire owner of the nightclub House of Frankenstein, which is secretly a haven for vampires.
- Teri Polo as Grace Dawkins, a newly bitten werewolf who is also the love interest of detective Vernon Coyle and the heart's desire of Crispian Grimes
- CCH Pounder as Dr. Shauna Kendall
- Peter Crombie as Frankenstein's monster, discovered frozen in a block of ice and planned as an exhibit for House of Frankenstein, but escapes
- Miguel Sandoval as Detective Juan 'Cha Cha' Chacon
- Jorja Fox as Felicity
- Richard Libertini as Armando
- Karen Austin as Irene Lassiter
|This article related to an American television horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|