The Dragon King's Palace, Huanglong Cave (黄龙洞龙宫)
|Location||Wulingyuan district of Zhangjiajie City, Hunan, People's Republic of China|
Huanglong Cave (simplified Chinese: 黄龙洞; traditional Chinese: 黃龍洞; pinyin: huánglóng dòng; literally: "yellow dragon cave") is a karst cave located near the Wulingyuan district of Zhangjiajie City, Hunan, People's Republic of China and a national 4A rated scenic area. As of 2010, the cave has over a million visitors per year. Since 1997, the Huanglong Cave scenic area has been managed by Beijing-based China Datong Co. Ltd. It was previously managed directly by the Hunan provincial government.
In addition to the cave itself the Huanglong Cave scenic area includes Huanglong Cave Ecology Square (simplified Chinese: 黄龙洞生态广场; traditional Chinese: 黃龍洞生態廣場), completed in 2009 by restoring the landscape of the area adjacent to the cave entrance. In 2010, the Zhangjiajie government ordered the construction of the "Hallelujah Concert Hall" (simplified Chinese: 哈利路亚音乐厅; traditional Chinese: 哈利路亞音樂廳) as the centerpiece to the Ecology Square, not far from the cave entrance. The hall has a grass-planted roof and cost 160 million Chinese yuan.
Covering a total area of 48 hectares (120 acres), the cave system extends to 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) in length and is divided into dry and wet levels. There are four levels, thirteen chambers, three underground waterfalls, two underground rivers, three pools, ninety-six passages, as well as an underground lake. The largest chamber in the cave is 4,000 square metres (43,000 sq ft) and the highest of the three waterfalls is 50 metres (160 ft) high. The guided tour through the cave lasts about two hours and includes a boat ride down one of the underground rivers.
- "Huanglong Cave website (黄龙洞网站)" (in Chinese). Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- Songshan (Sam) Huang, Chris Ryan, Chunyu Yang (2013). "Local Governments' Roles in Developing Tourism". In Chris Ryan and Songshan (Sam) Huang. Tourism in China: Destination, Planning and Experiences. Multilungual Matters/Channel View Publications. ISBN 978-1-84541-400-9. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Пещера Желтого Дракона | Huanglong Cave". zhangjiajie-wulingyuan.ru. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "Zhangjiajie Huanglong Cave : Harvest in Full Swing". Zhangjiajie Official Web Portal. September 13, 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Zhangjiajie spends 160 mln yuan to establish 'Hallelujah Concert Hall'". People's Daily. September 17, 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- Heggen, Richard J. (August 8, 2013). "Chinese Electricians". Underground Rivers (PDF). p. 873. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- (In Chinese) Huanglong Cave website (黄龙洞网站)
- (In Chinese) Zhangjiajie City Government website - Huanlong Cave (黄龙洞)
|This Hunan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|