Lima with Andorra in 2016
|Full name||Ildefons Lima Solà|
|Date of birth||10 December 1979|
|Place of birth||Barcelona, Spain|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 3 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 26 February 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 June 2017
Born in Barcelona, Catalonia, Lima's first years as a senior were spent with FC Andorra, playing one season each in the Spanish third and fourth divisions. Subsequently, he played in both levels with RCD Espanyol B and UE Sant Andreu, splitting the following campaign abroad between Ionikos F.C. of Greece and C.F. Pachuca in Mexico.
In the 2002 summer, Lima returned to Spain, playing one-and-a-half seasons with UD Las Palmas in the second tier, moving in January 2004 to another club in the category, Polideportivo Ejido, and spending the following campaign with Rayo Vallecano in the third level.
Lima then played four years with U.S. Triestina Calcio in Italy. With the Trieste side, he was occasionally used as a forward at the request of elusive chairman Flaviano Tonellotto. In 2009, aged nearly 30, he switched countries again, signing for AC Bellinzona in the Swiss Super League.
After two seasons in Switzerland and one back at Triestina, Lima signed again for FC Andorra, now of the Primera Catalana, instead of several offers to play in the principality's Primera Divisió. On 12 June 2014, he joined the latter league's champion FC Santa Coloma; he scored for them on 8 July in the first qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League away to FC Banants, as they advanced on away goals.
Lima made his debut for Andorra aged 17, in the country's second ever game on 22 June 1997, scoring in a 1–4 friendly defeat in Estonia. He went on to lead the national team's scoring charts, and also amassed more than 100 caps.
In June 2009, near the end of the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign, Lima scored his first competitive goal for over eight years and six years overall, netting the last goal of a 1–5 away defeat against Belarus. On 9 September 2014, in Andorra's first match of the UEFA Euro 2016 qualification phase, he netted a sixth-minute penalty to give the side a 1–0 lead over Wales, but in an eventual 1–2 home loss.
After Óscar Sonejee, Lima was the second Andorran to reach a century of caps, playing his 100th game on 1 June 2016, a 0–2 friendly loss to Estonia in Tallinn. On 22 February 2017 he opened a 2–0 away win over San Marino in another exhibition game, ending a run of 86 defeats.
- As of 22 February 2017 (scores and results list. Andorra's goal tally first)
|1.||22 June 1997||Linnastaadion, Kuressaare, Estonia||Estonia||1–3||1–4||Friendly|
|2.||2 September 2000||Communal d'Aixovall, Andorra La Vella, Andorra||Cyprus||2–1||2–3||2002 World Cup qualification|
|3||25 April 2001||Lansdowne Road, Dublin, Republic of Ireland||Republic of Ireland||1–0||1–3||2002 World Cup qualification|
|4.||27 March 2002||Ta' Qali Stadium, Ta' Qali, Malta||Malta||1–0||1–1||Friendly|
|5.||4 June 2008||Comunal d'Aixovall, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Azerbaijan||1–1||1–2||Friendly|
|6.||11 February 2009||S. Darius and S. Girėnas, Kaunas, Lithuania||Lithuania||1–2||1–3||Friendly|
|7.||6 June 2009||Neman Stadium, Grodno, Belarus||Belarus||1–5||1–5||2010 World Cup qualification|
|8.||9 September 2014||Estadi Nacional, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Wales||1–0||1–2||Euro 2016 qualifying|
|9.||13 October 2014||Estadi Nacional, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Israel||1–1||1–4||Euro 2016 qualifying|
|10.||11 October 2015||Estadi Nacional, Andorra la Vella, Andorra||Belgium||1–2||1–4||Euro 2016 qualifying|
|11.||22 February 2017||Olimpico di Serravalle, Serravalle, San Marino||San Marino||1–0||2–0||Friendly|
- Aventuras de un andorrano en la Serie B (Adventures of an Andorran in Serie B); Mundo Deportivo, 8 October 2008 (in Spanish)
- "Arriva Lima, stopper della nazionale di Andorra" [Lima, Andorran national team stopper, arrives] (in Italian). Il Piccolo. 3 August 2005. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Il calcio andorrano oltre la playstation" [Andorran football as well as playstation] (in Italian). Rovesciate. 16 September 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Triestina, "Nanu" Galderisi è il nuovo allenatore. Ufficiali il ritorno di Lima e l'acquisto di Galasso" [Triestina, "Nanu" Galderisi is the new manager. Return of Lima and acquisition of Galasso official] (in Italian). Sportest. 25 October 2011. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Lima accepta l'oferta esportiva de l'Andorra abans que la de la Lliga" [Lima accepts FC Andorra's sporting offer rather than that of the League] (in Catalan). El Periòdic d'Andorra. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "L'FC Santa Coloma fitxa Ildefons Lima i Iban Parra" [FC Santa Coloma sign Ildefons Lima and Iban Parra] (in Catalan). Andorra Difusió. 12 June 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Keeper Casals edges Santa Coloma past Banants". UEFA.com. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Ildefons Lima Solá – Goals in International Matches". RSSSF. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Ildefons Lima, el 'Panenka' pirenaico, es el defensa más goleador de la Eurocopa" [Ildefons Lima, the 'Panenka' of the Pyrenees, is the top-scoring defender in the European Championship] (in Spanish). El Confidencial. 15 October 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Gareth Bale double rescues feeble Wales from embarrassment in Andorra". The Guardian. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Derrota ajustada de la Selecció a Tallinn en el centenari d'Ilde Lima" [National team's close defeat in Tallinn on Ilde Lima's centenary] (in Catalan). Andorran Football Federation. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "Andorra has finally ended the longest-running losing streak in international football". Esquire. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Andorra – El milagro contra Macedonia" [Andorra – The miracle against Macedonia] (in Spanish). Pablo Aro Geraldes. 3 February 2007. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Ildefons Lima, un andorrano en Wembley" [Ildefons Lima, an Andorran in Wembley] (in Spanish). AM 14. 13 November 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ildefons Lima.|