Indonesia at the 1992 Summer Olympics
|Indonesia at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona|
|Competitors||42 (27 men and 15 women) in 10 sports|
|Flag bearer||Christian Hadinata|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Indonesia competed at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. 42 competitors, 27 men and 15 women, took part in 31 events in 10 sports. They won both Men's and Women's single as their first gold medal here from badminton that appeared for the first time at the summer Olympics. They made it the first time Indonesia won gold at the Olympics, and also made Indonesia the first Southeast Asian country to win gold. Alan Budikusuma and Susi Susanti, who later married, had the Olympic anthem played on their wedding day.
- Susi Susanti — Badminton, women's singles competition
- Alan Budikusuma — Badminton, men's singles competition
- Ardy Bernardus Wiranata — Badminton, men's singles competition
- Eddy Hartono and Rudy Gunawan — Badminton, men's doubles competition
Only one of the women who had won Indonesia's first Olympic medal returned in 1992. Two of the three Olympic rookie women did not advance into the elimination round, while the one that did was defeated in her first match. In the men's competition, Hendra Setijawan advanced to the quarterfinals before being defeated.
Women's Individual Competition:
- Purnama Pandiangan — Round of 32, 24th place (0–1)
- Nurfitriyana Lantang — Ranking round, 33rd place (0–0)
- Rusena Gelanteh — Ranking round, 40th place (0–0)
Men's Individual Competition:
- Hendra Setijawan — Quarterfinal, 6th place (2–1)
Women's Team Competition:
- Pandiangan, Lantang, and Gelanteh — Round of 16, 9th place (0–1)
Two male fencers represented Indonesia in 1992.
Men's Singles Competition
Men's Doubles Competition
- Suharyadi Suharyadi and Bonit Wiryawan
- "Indonesia at the 1992 Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
|This article about sports in Indonesia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1992 Summer Olympics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|