International Society for Contemporary Music
The International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) is a music organization that promotes contemporary classical music.
The organization was established in Salzburg in 1922 as Internationale Gesellschaft für Neue Musik (IGNM) following the Internationale Kammermusikaufführungen Salzburg, a festival of modern chamber music held as part of the Salzburg Festival. Since then, aside from a hiatus between 1940 and 1945 due to World War II, the ISCM's core activity has been an annual festival of contemporary classical music held every year at a different location, the first of which took place in 1923 in Salzburg, which has come to be known as the ISCM World Music Days (sometimes World New Music Days, abbreviated either WMD or WNMD depending on which name is used). There have been a total of 86 of these thus far, the most recent of which took place in Tongyeong, South Korea in April 2016. The next WMD is scheduled to take place in Vancouver, Canada in November 2017.
Each year, during the World Music Days. ISCM members also convene in a General Assembly. Membership in the ISCM is organized through national sections that promote contemporary music in each country. These sections are usually organizations independent from the ISCM that send delegates to the ISCM General Assembly. Each member of the national section is also a member of ISCM and may send in 6 works that are evaluated for performance at the World Music Days. National organizations that promote contemporary music, but have not been designated as the nation section of ISCM, are sometimes given an associate membership status. This status also applies to the members of these organizations. Some individual music professionals receive the "honorary membership" status. The ISCM is governed by an Executive Committee consisting of seven people; two (Secretary General and Treasurer) are appointed positions and the remaining five (President, Vice President, and three regular members) are chosen from and by the delegates in an election during the General Assembly.
Since 1991, the ISCM has also published an annual World New Music Magazine, a print publication that is distributed to its members for further dissemination. A total of 24 issues have been produced thus far, and since 2006, each magazine has also been made available as a digital downloadable PDF from the ISCM's website. ISCM is a member of the International Music Council.
- 1931 International Society for Contemporary Music Festival
- XXIV International Society for Contemporary Music Festival
- ISCM – ISRAELI SECTION
- ISCM – BEIJING SECTION, ISCM – CHENGDU SECTION, ISCM – CHINESE TAIPEI SECTION, ISCM – HONG KONG SECTION, ISCM – NANNING SECTION
- The Israeli Composers' League
- ISCM – JAPANESE SECTION, JFC, Japan Federation of Composers
- ISCM – SOUTH KOREAN SECTION, Tongyeong International Music Festival
- ISCM-Taiwan Section
- ISCM – AUSTRIAN SECTION
- ISCM – FLEMISH SECTION, ISCM – WALLONIAN SECTION
- ISCM – CROATIAN SECTION
- Prague Spring Festival
- ISCM – DANISH SECTION
- ISCM – ESTONIAN SECTION
- ISCM – FAROE ISLANDS SECTION
- ISCM – FINNISH SECTION
- éOlé, ISCM – FRENCH SECTION
- ISCM – GERMAN SECTION
- ISCM – GREEK SECTION
- ISCM – HUNGARIAN SECTION
- ISCM – ICELANDIC SECTION
- Association of Irish Composers
- ISCM – ITALIAN SECTION
- ISCM – LATVIAN SECTION
- ISCM – LITHUANIAN SECTION
- ISCM – LUXEMBOURG SECTION
- Nieuw Geneco – New Association of Dutch Composers
- ISCM – NORWEGIAN SECTION
- ISCM – POLISH SECTION
- ISCM – PORTUGUESE SECTION
- Romanian National Section of the International Society for Contemporary Music
- ISCM – RUSSIAN SECTION, Society for Contemporary Music Russia
- ISCM – SERBIAN SECTION
- ISCM – SLOVAK SECTION, Music Centre Slovakia
- ISCM – SLOVENIAN SECTION
- ISCM – GOTLAND SECTION, ISCM – SWEDISH SECTION
- Festival l'Art pour l'Aar, ISCM – SWISS SECTION
- ISCM – TURKEY SECTION
- ISCM – UKRAINE SECTION
- Society for the Promotion of New Music ISCM – BRITISH SECTION, ISCM – WELSH SECTION
- Canadian League of Composers Music on Main, Vancouver
- League of Composers, Florida International University, ISCM – USA SECTION, SectionNew Music USA, Roger Shapiro Fund for New Music, Stephen F. Austin State University
- "archives.nypl.org -- League of Composers/ISCM records". Archives.nypl.org. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "ISCM World New Music Days 2017 coming to Vancouver". Musiconmain.ca. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-01-07. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- ISCM (24 May 2018). "World New Music Magazine". Iscm.org. Retrieved 24 May 2018.