Jackass Number Two
|Jackass Number Two|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jeff Tremaine|
by Johnny Knoxville
|Music by||Sam Spiegel|
|Box office||$84.6 million|
Jackass Number Two is a 2006 American reality comedy film directed by Jeff Tremaine. It is the sequel to Jackass: The Movie (2002), both based upon the MTV series Jackass. Like its predecessor and the original television show, the film is a compilation of stunts, pranks and skits. The film stars the regular Jackass cast of Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Ryan Dunn, Dave England, Wee Man, Ehren McGhehey, and Preston Lacy.
The film was produced by MTV Films, Dickhouse Productions and Lynch Siderow Productions, and distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film premiered in theaters on September 22, 2006. It received generally positive reviews from critics. The film grossed $84.6 million worldwide against a production budget of $11.5 million.
An unrated version of the film titled Jackass 2.5 was released online on December 19, 2007 and on DVD on December 26, 2007. It contains most of the deleted and unused scenes that were originally shot for Jackass Number Two. It was followed by another sequel, Jackass 3D.
Jackass Number Two is a compilation of various stunts, pranks and skits. The film opens with an introduction of the primary cast members as they are being chased by bulls in a suburban neighborhood.
List of stunts:
- Puppet Show – Chris Pontius's penis is placed in a puppet in order to entice a snake to bite it.
- The Valentine – Members of the team are lured over to a valentine note on a hotel wall supposedly left by a fan, which hides a spring-loaded boxing glove.
- Firehose Rodeo – Dave England rides a spraying fire hose in a mud pit.
- Chubby Chaser India – Preston Lacy chases Wee Man in India.
- Bicentennial Bmxing – Johnny Knoxville and Ryan Dunn attempt to use Penny-farthing bicycles to perform modern bike stunts.
- The Strongman – Chris Pontius and Bam Margera try to put a dildo up Margera's butt using a barbell
- Gloria – Spike Jonze dresses as an old lady pranking strangers in public.
- The Mini-Loop – Danger Ehren McGhehey attempts to use a Minibike on a miniature loop-the-loop.
- The Brand – Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, and Ryan Dunn brand the outline of a penis on Margera's ass. Later, Margera shows the results of the brand to his parents.
- Lake Jump – Johnny Knoxville and Chris Pontius attempt to ride a rocket-powered bicycle over a lake. Mark Zupan and Mat Hoffman also attempt the stunt, Zupan in a modified wheelchair.
- The Fish Hook – Steve-O pierces his cheek with a fish hook and dives in shark-infested waters.
- Bam Velcro Jump – Bam Margera, dressed in a Velcro suit, skates onto a truck with Velcro padding, sticking him to the truck.
- The Electric Stool – Bam Margera, Steve-O, and Chris Pontius have Wee-Man sit on an electrified stool while Jim Karol attempts to throw cards into Wee-Man's butt crack.
- Yak Charge – Johnny Knoxville blindfolds himself while getting flipped by a yak that ran at him at full speed. (Note: This is a reference to the Tom and Jerry episode Texas Tom in which Tom does something similar to what Johnny does.)
- The Bungee Jump – Wee Man and Preston Lacy are linked together for a bungee jump off a bridge.
- Bad Grandpa – Johnny Knoxville plays a grandpa named Irving Zisman, visiting a food truck with his "grandson," intentionally provoking customers to fight him over his offensive comments and irresponsible behavior.
- Indoor Ski Slope – The crew paves April Margera’s stairs with snow and lets Brandon Novak ski down it, busting through Ape’s door.
- The Beehive Limo – Ryan Dunn, Steve-O, Wee Man, Dave England get inside a limo, then Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera dump bees inside of it.
- The Rake Jump – Steve-O Jumps on the end of a rake, hitting himself in the face with the handle.
- Dave Eats Shit – Juicy J bets Dave England $200 to eat horse feces, which he does successfully.
- Naked Wee Man – A fully naked Wee Man walks into an unrelated business meeting.
- Riot Control Test – Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, and Ryan Dunn get shot with riot control rubber balls.
- Gloria and the Artist – Spike Jonze, still as Gloria, compliments a street artist’s paintings, with a prosthetic breast hanging out of her robe.
- Medicine Ball Dodgeball – Bam Margera and the team play dodgeball in the dark with medicine balls.
- Mushroom Launch – Ryan Dunn gets into a shopping cart, which will be catapulted out of a garage and into a pile of mushrooms. However, Bam Margera pulls the garage door down, slamming Dunn into it.
- The Magic Trick – John Waters and Wee-Man perform a sketch in which Wee-Man "disappears."
- The Gauntlet – Johnny Knoxville, Dave England, and Bam Margera attempt to ride across a skate ramp lined with swinging sandbags thrown by Mat Hoffman and Tony Hawk.
- Dave Shits Shit – Dave England defacates into a dollhouse's bathroom.
- The Toro Totter – Johnny Knoxville, Chris Pontius, Bam Margera, and Ryan Dunn sit on seesaws in the center of a rodeo ring while a bull attempts to gore them.
- Keep God Out Of California – Chris Pontius, attempting to revisit the “Satan vs. God” skit from the Jackass television show, gets launched out of a hole in a street with his devil costume on.
- Butt Chug – Steve-O attempts to chug beer using a tube up his butt.
- Bam Roof Slam – Bam Margera skateboards off of a roof, causing him to slam onto the ground.
- The Rocket Cart – Ryan Dunn rides a rocket-powered shopping cart off a ramp into the water.
- The Anaconda Ball Pit – Johnny Knoxville, Wee Man, and Ryan Dunn get in a ball pit with an anaconda.
- Bam Drop In – Bam Margera skateboards down a ramp into a glass window.
- The Ice Horse – Ryan Dunn sits on a horse figurine made out of ice with no underwear on, in the hopes that his balls will stick to the ice.
- The Swamp Chute – In a swamp area, Wee-Man deploys a parachute in front of a high-powered fan.
- How to Milk a Horse – Johnny Knoxville and Chris Pontius masturbate a horse, and Pontius drinks the ejaculate.
- Karate Chop – Bam Margera attempts to slice through several wooden slabs held by Ryan Dunn, but hits through the slabs, smacking Dunn in the face. Chris Pontius attempts the same stunt, but kicks Dunn in the testicles rather than hit the slabs.
- The Big Tire Race – The guys ride down a hill inside giant tires.
- The Leech Healer – In India, Dave England and Steve-O apply leeches to themselves.
- Gloria Goes Shopping – Spike Jonze, still in the Gloria character, shops for some T-shirts.
- Wind Tunnel – Bam Margera is tricked into doing a stunt that is actually a prank involving his fear of snakes.
- Roller Leapfrog – Dave England, on roller skates and in a tiger costume, slams into Wee Man, in a frog costume.
- The Fart Mask – Steve-O puts on a helmet connected to a tube that Preston Lacy farts into.
- Big Green Ball – Dave England attempts to ride a big green ball.
- Old Man Poof – Clyde Singleton pours baby powder in Johnny Knoxville's anus, still dressed as Irving Zisman. Knoxville wakes up Jeff Tremaine by farting in his face, making a poof.
- Old Man Balls – Johnny Knoxville, as Irving Zisman, dangles a fake pair of testicles down the leg of his shorts and approaches pedestrians.
- The Switcheroo – Bam Margera pranks his mother, April, by having his father, Phil, slip out of bed in the middle of the night, and sends Preston Lacy dressed as Phil in as a replacement.
- Ding Dong – Dave England gets punched in the face by an inflatable that was rigged into Johnny Knoxville's doorbell.
- Big Red Rocket – Johnny Knoxville prepares to ride a gigantic rocket. (Note: This is a reference to Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner in which the Coyote does something similar to what Johnny does.)
- Terror Taxi – Danger Ehren is lured into a prank where he thinks he is pranking a random cab driver by posing as a terrorist, but the rest of the gang is pranking him by having Jay Chandrasekhar play a driver who retaliates against the "terrorists." The gang also convinces Ehren to wear a fake beard made out of the group's pubic hair.
- The Bear Trap – Johnny Knoxville puts his hand into a bear trap
The entire main cast from Jackass: The Movie returned for the sequel.
- Johnny Knoxville
- Bam Margera
- Chris Pontius
- Ryan Dunn
- Dave England
- Jason "Wee-Man" Acuña
- Danger Ehren
- Preston Lacy
The film also includes guest appearances by Brandon Novak, Mark Zupan, Brandon DiCamillo, Roger Alan Wade, Dimitry Elyashkevich, Loomis Fall, Lance Bangs, animal experts David Weathers and Manny Puig, Rick Kosick, Spike Jonze and cult film directors John Waters and Jay Chandrasekhar. Professional BMX rider Mat Hoffman and professional skater Tony Hawk participated in stunts. Rap group Three 6 Mafia also appears, as well as HIM singer Ville Valo and NFL star Jason Taylor. Mike Judge, Luke Wilson and Willie Garson are featured in the credits and in deleted scenes.
Stunts including Jackass and Viva La Bam regular Don Vito were also filmed and shown in previews. However, due to the scandal surrounding his arrest just prior to the film's release and the nature of the charges against him, all the scenes involving Don Vito were cut.
Shooting began on January 30, 2006, and ended on June 23, 2006. The Jackass cast refused to divulge where they were filming, out of fear of fans interfering with the filming process. However, they have filmed in India, Australia, England, Moscow and Argentina. A few insights were leaked prior to the movie's release by Steve-O and Bam Margera via Radio Bam and Loveline. Other shootings were Bull Shoals, Arkansas; Key West, Florida; Los Angeles, California; Miami, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana; New York City, New York; and West Chester, Pennsylvania.
The stunt "How to Milk a Horse" was originally shot for Wildboyz, but was saved for future use. "The idea to drink the horse semen was not actually planned but was "in the back of everyone's mind." To agree to do the stunt, Chris Pontius asked director Jeff Tremaine for a full day off of work, but discouraged doing so since Pontius had missed work the day before. Additionally on screen Chris Pontius stated to Jeff Tremaine "This is going to make up for something bad I'm going to do in the future." This deal was verbally agreed upon and sealed with a handshake; it was also noted that said deal was videotaped for the camera.
Two Deleted Scenes were also filmed but weren't in the final film and Jackass 2.5, "The Lambroghini Tooth Pull" with Don Vito (which would later be performed in Jackass 3D, however, it would be performed by Ehren McGhehey rather than Don Vito), and "Ignited Farts", where Bam Margera, Steve-O, Ryan Dunn, Chris Pontius, and Dave England would get in a bathtub and try to ignite their farts underwater, ending with Dave defecating by accident. although they were deleted, a short clip of the tooth pull scene appeared in the trailer for the film, and a snippet of the ignited farts scene appeared in the credits for Jackass 2.5, the entire ignited fart sequence was once available on the Jackass World website, but has since disappeared following the websites closure.
Screenings and release
The film had 4 different screenings for fans of Jackass and MySpace users, which was a part of MySpace's "Black Carpet" screening. The screenings took place a few days before the movie was released (possibly August). Some of the screenings also had surprise visits by cast and crew. For example, the Pennsylvania screening had director Jeff Tremaine and cast members Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera.
On June 15, 2006, Yahoo! released the first official teaser for the movie. The stunts in the trailer included Knoxville riding a "rocket bike" off a ramp and a blindfolded Knoxville being rammed by a yak.
Jackass Number Two opened on September 22, 2006, in 3,900 screens at 3,059 theaters. It debuted at number one on its opening weekend with a total gross of $29 million. On its first day in theaters Jackass Number Two matched its $11.5 million production budget. The film grossed an additional $14 million in its second week. Overall the film made $84.6 million worldwide, nearly $10 million more than the original.
Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reports a 63% approval rating from 101 listed critics; the average rating is 5.8/10. The general consensus reads: "Better than any sequel to the movie of a television show has a right to be, Jackass Number Two dares you not to laugh." On Metacritic, the film has a rating of 66 out of 100 based on 23 reviews, which indicates "generally favorable reviews". The New York Times awarded Jackass Number Two a Critic's Pick, writing, "Debased, infantile and reckless in the extreme, this compendium of body bravado and malfunction makes for some of the most fearless, liberated and cathartic comedy in modern movies." On Ebert & Roeper, Richard Roeper and guest critic Fred Willard gave Jackass Number Two a "Two Thumbs Up" rating.
The soundtrack was released on September 26, 2006 by Bulletproof Records. The soundtrack features songs that were featured in the movie, and various audio clips from the movie. Among the new songs included in the soundtrack are "Gettin' Fucked Up" – a collaboration between rap group Three Six Mafia and Josey Scott, lead singer of heavy metal band Saliva – and "Backass" – a collaboration between electroclash musician Peaches and Karen O, lead singer of the indie rock trio Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
The Rated and Unrated DVD versions of the movie were released on December 26, 2006. The rated version includes the 96 minute theatrical release, with bonus features, and the unrated includes extended scenes that were shortened in the original movie. Both DVDs feature commentary by the cast (except Bam Margera), director Jeff Tremaine and cinematographer Dimitry Elyashkevich. The DVD also included 16 deleted scenes removed from the theatrical release, more than 20 additional scenes, 9 TV spots, 8 promotional spots including trailer, gag reel, the uncensored version of Karazy by Chris Pontius and a promotional commercial for the 2006 VMAs. The Making of Jackass featurette is also featured on the DVD.
Jackass 2.5 was a home media version with additional footage. It was released to the Internet at Blockbuster.com and Hulu as a free screening on December 19–31, 2007, and to DVD on December 26, 2007. It includes special features such as: the making of Jackass 2.5, the making of Jackass: The Game, deleted scenes, photo gallery, and additional Terror Taxi footage.
Added stunts include:
- Beauty and the Beast – Preston Lacy and Wee Man recreate the King Kong movie where Lacy painted as King Kong and Wee Man dressed as the damsel in distress and the guys are controlling a toy airplane afterwards Lacy falls off of the port-o-potty and rolls down a hill. The next day Lacy and Wee-Man retry the stunt again but this time Lacy crushes the planes but soon afterwards Lacy falls off of the port-o-potty and rolls down a hill again.
- The Meatball - Phil Margera is trying to eat a meatball but with help from Bam Margera, he slingshots the meatball in his father's eye.
- Dizzy Boxing – Dave England and Ehren McGhehey try to box after getting spun on swivel chairs, with Preston Lacy as the Referee and Chris Pontius as England's manager after three rounds of the match McGhehey wins by knockout.
- Butt Bead Ass Kite – Bam Margera puts anal beads tied to a kite up his anus and attempts to fly the kite with the anal beads at the beach.
- El Matador – Wee Man becomes a matador and attempts to lure a baby bull towards a red kite.
- Firework Bazooka - Bam Margera and Ryan Dunn scare April with a fake bazooka.
- Preston Lacy knocks over a Porta Potty with Bam Margera inside.
- The Crab Clamp - Johnny Knoxville pranks the guys by putting a clamp with a fake crab on their arms.
- The Water Gun - Wee-Man scares Juicy J, Loomis Fall, and Ryan Dunn by squirting urine on them with a water gun.
- Human Golf Tee – Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera attempt to hit a golf ball golf off of Ryan Dunn's anus. Later, a man attempts to hit a golf ball off of Bam Margera's zipper.
- Wee-Man and Chris Pontius stand at the golf course getting hit by golf balls.
- Johnny Knoxville sees a doctor to check his prostate. Afterwards, Knoxville urinates in a cup and throws it at Rick Kosick.
- Rattlesnake Salad Toss – Steve-O gets a rattlesnake to bite a balloon taped to his anus.
- Chris Pontius gets bit on the nose by an Alligator snapping turtle.
- Shridhar Chillal pours beer on his long fingernails while Steve-O drinks the runoff underneath; afterwards, Steve-O throws up and disgusts some women who watched the act.
- The Bed of Nails With Snakes - Danger Ehren attempts to sit on a bed of nails with a cobra on top of him while the snake charmers play the flute.
- Preston Lacy gets shot with an ALS on his ass; three hours later, Lacy gets a bruise.
- Cajun Obstacle Course – The guys, dressed as prison inmates, ride skateboards into mud, crawl under barbed wire in mud with crocodiles, run with a high power fan, run through a chute with pigs, get shot with paintballs by professional paint ballers, and attempt to take shots of tobacco spit cups. Bam wins the obstacle course.
- The Test Drive – Irving Zisman is at a car dealership getting a test drive while Clyde Singleton tries to screw up the test drive and argues with the dealer while Zisman runs away afterwards.
- The Deconstruction Site – Zisman is at a construction site and tries to fight with the workers.
- Bam Margera attempts to urinate in a cup and gets it thrown onto his face in front of his mother.
- Mini Motorcycle Mayham – The guys along with Mat Hoffman attempts to ride mini motorcycles at a supermarket and destroy stocks of food riding around the whole store.
- The Poof – Johnny Knoxville puts baby powder on Wee-Man's anus while he tries to fart.
- The Butt Bellows – The guys along with Mike Judge pull blades of grass to see who has the shortest. The loser, Lacy, has the guys use bellows up his anus to try and make him fart.
- "Jackass: Number Two (2006)". AFI Catalog of Feature Films. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- "Jackass Number Two (2006)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- "Jackass 2.5's biggest stunt: skipping the box office". Ars Technica. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- "The Wolfie Diaries". Paramount Pictures. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- Dunn, Ryan (2006). Jackass Number Two DVD, The Making of Jackass Number Two (DVD). Paramount Pictures.
- Knoxville, Johnny (2006). Jackass Number Two DVD commentary (DVD). Paramount Pictures.
- Tremaine, Jeff (2006). Jackass Number Two DVD commentary (DVD). Paramount Pictures.
- Hot 30 Countdown interview. Knoxville, Johnny. 2006.
- "Yahoo.com". Trailer release. Retrieved on 2008-04-04.
- "Jackass Number Two (Full Screen Edition)". DVD Release info.
- "Jackass: Number Two (2006)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- "Jackass Number Two (2006)". Metacritic. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Dargis, Manohla. "nytimes.com". Jackass Number Two movie review. Retrieved May 5, 2010. Retrieved on 2008-04-04.
- "Amazon.com". DVD the Moon | Johnny Knoxville. Missing or empty
- "'Jackass 2.5' to Be Released to the Internet". Associated Press. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2019.
- "TMZ.com". New DVD release.
- Siegel, Tatiana (December 1, 2009). "Bloody 3D sequels planned". Variety.
- "Jackass 3 To Start in January And Be In 3D?". cinemablend.com. Retrieved 10 July 2015.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Jackass Number Two|