Jackson Township, Fountain County, Indiana
Location of Jackson Township in Fountain County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.08 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Land||35.98 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||718 ft (219 m)|
|• Density||17.5/sq mi (6.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453444|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.08 square miles (93.4 km2), of which 35.98 square miles (93.2 km2) (or 99.72%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.25%) is water. It contains the town of Wallace, located near the center of the township, and the unincorporated community of Wooley Corner to the northwest of Wallace.
Indiana State Road 32 runs along a portion of the northern border before veering east–southeast through the northeastern part of the township. Indiana State Road 234 runs from east to west through the southern part of the township. Indiana State Road 341 begins at State Road 234 and runs north through Wallace before leaving the township.
The township contains two cemeteries: Nolen and Zackmire.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "State Road 32". Highway Explorer. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "State Road 234". Highway Explorer. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "State Road 341". Highway Explorer. Archived from the original on 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "Jackson Township, Fountain County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files[permanent dead link]
||Cain Township||Wayne Township, Montgomery County|
|Millcreek Township||Ripley Township, Montgomery County|
|Sugar Creek Township, Parke County||Howard Township, Parke County|