|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama|
|Assumed office |
August 3, 2018
|Appointed by||Donald Trump|
|Preceded by||Callie V. Granade|
|Born||November 29, 1968|
Waterbury, Connecticut, U.S.
|Education||The Citadel (BA)|
University of Alabama School of Law (JD)
|Branch/service||United States Army|
|Years of service||1991–present|
|Unit||377th Theater Sustainment Command|
Jeffrey Uhlman Beaverstock (born November 29, 1968) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama.
Beaverstock earned his Bachelor of Arts from The Citadel, where he was selected as the Distinguished Military Graduate and as the Most Outstanding Army Cadet. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Alabama School of Law, where he served as managing editor of the Alabama Law Review.
Before entering legal practice, he served on active duty for four years as an Airborne Ranger Infantry Officer in the United States Army, and has served in the United States Army Reserve since leaving active duty. He currently holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Judge Advocate General's Corps of the U.S. Army (Reserve) and is the Chief of Contract and Administrative Law for the 377th Theater Sustainment Command. Before becoming a judge, Beaverstock was a partner in the Mobile, Alabama, office of Burr & Forman, LLP, where his practice focused on civil and commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
Federal judicial service
On September 7, 2017, President Trump nominated Beaverstock to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama, to the seat vacated by Judge Callie V. Granade, who assumed senior status on March 7, 2016. On October 17, 2017, a hearing on his nomination was held before the Senate Judiciary Committee. On November 9, 2017, his nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote.
On January 3, 2018, his nomination was returned to the President under Rule XXXI, Paragraph 6 of the United States Senate. On January 5, 2018, President Donald Trump announced his intent to renominate Beaverstock to a federal judgeship. On January 8, 2018, his renomination was sent to the Senate. On January 18, 2018, his nomination was reported out of committee by a 16–5 vote. On August 1, 2018, his nomination was confirmed by voice vote. He received his judicial commission on August 3, 2018.
- Voruganti, Harsh (October 17, 2017). "Jeff Beaverstock – Nominee for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama". The Vetting Room. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Seventh Wave of Judicial Candidates". whitehouse.gov. September 7, 2017. Retrieved September 8, 2017. This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- "Nine Nominations Sent to the Senate Today". whitehouse.gov. September 7, 2017. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary: Nominations for October 17, 2017
- Results of Executive Business Meeting – November 9, 2017, Senate Judiciary Committee
- "Congressional Record", United States Senate, January 3, 2018
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Renomination of 21 Judicial Nominees", White House, January 5, 2018
- "Nominations Sent to the Senate Today", The White House, January 8, 2018
- Results of Executive Business Meeting – January 18, 2018, Senate Judiciary Committee
- "PN1401 — Jeffrey Uhlman Beaverstock — The Judiciary". United States Senate. January 8, 2018. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Jeff Beaverstock at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
Callie V. Granade
| Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama