|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Education||Germantown High School (Germantown, Tennessee)|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin (B.A.)|
University of Tennessee (J.D.)
Vanderbilt University (MBA)
|Occupation||Businessman, Entrepreneur, Television producer|
Jeremy Padawer (born October 26, 1973) is an American businessman, Internet entrepreneur, and animated television producer. He is the co-creator and executive producer of the Nickelodeon animated series Monsuno and is the former executive vice president, marketing at Jakks Pacific., former COO of Pacific Animation Partners, and is currently Co-President/Partner of Wicked Cool Toys.
Early web pioneer
In 1996, Padawer developed a network of transactional toy and gaming websites. Advertisers included Disney, Onsale.com, and Amazon.com. Most notably, Newsweek followed Padawer's tracking of the plunge in Beanie Baby valuations in 1998-1999 on Padawer's AbsoluteBeanies.com.
Padawer is an early domain name investor. Padawer's sale of www.act.com to Symantec stands as one of the largest domain name transactions in history.
In addition, Padawer developed DomainAppraiser.com, a site that advised thousands of domain name holders on valuation (1999-2001) and Schmuck.com, an online monthly with material by amateur humorists and users (1999-2000).
In 2003, Padawer moved to Jakks Pacific where he headed up boy's entertainment brands. Padawer reinvented the WWE toy line and launched over 25 brands into the mass marketplace including Pokémon, Dragonball Z, Club Penguin, UFC, Neopets, SpongeBob SquarePants, Phineas & Ferb.
Padawer was the former executive vice president and general manager of Jakks Malibu, the largest unit at Jakks Pacific. Padawer was responsible for product development, marketing, and entertainment content development across all JAKKS Malibu business unit categories.
In April 2013, Padawer joined Wicked Cool Toys as its Co-President and became an equity partner in the company.
Padawer is the co-creator and executive producer of the American-Japanese animated series Monsuno. The show premiered in the United States on February 23, 2012 on Nickelodeon's sister channel, Nicktoons (and will start airing on TV Tokyo in Japan in October 2012.). Global launch staggers in over 40 countries between Summer 2012 and Spring 2013.
Awards and recognition
- Jakks Promotes Padawer to EVP of Marketing
- The Toy Maker Torchbearer (8 August 2012)
- Time To Short Beanies?
- Owen School student makes fortune selling web address Nashville Post (26 July 2000)
- Better reserve that domain name Nashville Post (28 January 2000)
- Who Is Jeremy?
- U.S. Nicktoons to Air Monsuno, Jakks Pacific to Sell Toys
- Monsuno To Hit Nicktoons
- "10月TVアニメ放送開始「モンスーノ」 東京おもちゃショーで玩具も披露 - 10498 - | アニメ！アニメ！". Animeanime.jp. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- Dad of Divas (2012-02-19). "Dad of Divas' Reviews: New Nicktoons Premiere: Monsuno To Debut On 2/23 New Nicktoons Premiere: Monsuno To Debut On 2/23 New Nicktoons Premiere: Monsuno To Debut On 2/23". Dadofdivas-reviews.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- The industry guests, including this year’s ToyFare Hall of Fame Inductees Georg Brewer of DC Direct, Jeremy Padawer of Jakks Pacific and Robert Tonner of Tonner Doll!
- Jeremy Padawer ToyFare Hall of Fame Induction Video