|Full name||John Jairo Mosquera|
|Date of birth||15 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Apartadó, Colombia|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2006||→ SønderjyskE (loan)||7||(1)|
|2006–2007||→ Wacker Burghausen (loan)||17||(1)|
|2008||→ Alemannia Aachen (loan)||7||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ SønderjyskE (loan)||18||(3)|
|2009–2011||→ Union Berlin (loan)||61||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 October 2017.
John Jairo Mosquera (born 15 January 1988) is a Colombian footballer who plays for Chilean club Deportes La Serena as a forward. Mosquera is the youngest player to start a match in the Categoría Primera A at the age of 14.
He spent most of his professional career in Germany, including at Werder Bremen where he appeared in three Bundesliga games. He also represented in the country Wacker Burghausen, Alemannia Aachen, Union Berlin and Energie Cottbus.
Born in Apartadó, Antioquia Department, Mosquera started his career in the youth teams of Club Deportivo Los Millonarios, finishing his formation at Club Atlético River Plate in Argentina. He returned to his country in July 2005 as he signed for Unión Magdalena, where he played for half a year.
A SV Werder Bremen scout spotted Mosquera at the South American Under-17 Championship, and signed him in January 2006 to a three-and-a-half-year contract, but he was immediately loaned to Danish Superliga side SønderjyskE Fodbold.
In 2006–07, Mosquera was loaned to another club in the country, SV Wacker Burghausen in the second division. During the entire campaign he scored only once (against SpVgg Unterhaching in a 2–0 away win), as the team finished in the penultimate position and were relegated.
Mosquera had a trial at FC Carl Zeiss Jena in the summer 2007, but a heart attack made any eventual deal fall through. Having returned to Werder Bremen for 2007–08 – his league debut came on 3 November against F.C. Hansa Rostock and his first top flight goal against FC Energie Cottbus 21 days later, always as a late substitute – he was loaned again in the 2008 January transfer window, to Alemannia Aachen in the second level.
On 24 June, Mosquera was once again loaned, rejoining SønderjyskE in a season-long move. He helped his team narrowly escape top flight relegation and, after his return to Werder, signed a new contract and was loaned immediately, now to 1. FC Union Berlin in Germany's division two.
In late January 2013, after a brief spell in China, Mosquera returned to Germany and its second tier by joining Energie Cottbus. One year later, having failed to find the net during his stint, his contract was terminated.
- "Werder will ihn nicht zurück" [Werder does not want him back] (in German). Bild. 15 May 2008. Retrieved 22 June 2010.
- "Werder Bremen-talent på plads i SønderjyskE" [Werder Bremen talent loaned to SønderjyskE] (in Danish). SønderjyskE Fodbold. 31 January 2006. Archived from the original on 29 September 2007.
- "New striker for Wacker". Bundesliga. 27 August 2006. Archived from the original on 30 January 2008.
- "Colombian in cardiac arrest shock". Bundesliga. 4 July 2007. Archived from the original on 30 January 2008.
- "John Jairo Mosquera ist da" [John Jairo Mosquera is here] (in German). Energie Cottbus. 28 January 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Energie Cottbus löst Vertrag mit Stürmer Mosquera auf" [Energie Cottbus terminates contract with forward Mosquera] (in German). Weser Kurier. 29 January 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2014.