José Miguel Cubero
|Full name||José Miguel Cubero Loría|
|Date of birth||February 14, 1987|
|Place of birth||Sarchí, Alajuela, Costa Rica|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2009||→ Puntarenas (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 May 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19:24, 6 May 2015 (UTC)
José Miguel Cubero Loría (born 14 February 1987 in Sarchí) is a Costa Rican football player, currently playing for Herediano, and for the Costa Rica national football team. He plays as a holding midfielder.
Cubero made his professional debut for Herediano on 26 March 2006 against Santacruceña and had a spell on loan at Puntarenas in 2009. He signed a three-year contract extension with Herediano in April 2013.
On 31 July 2014, Cubero signed for Championship side Blackpool on a one-year contract with the option of a further twelve months. He made his Blackpool debut on September 27 in a 3-1 home defeat to Norwich City. In August 2015 it was claimed that Blackpool had snubbed an offer for Cubero from MLS club Seattle Sounders and that they had activated a 12-month extension to his contract.
Cubero made his senior debut for Costa Rica in an August 2010 friendly match against Paraguay and has, as of April 2014, earned a total of 34 caps, scoring 2 goals. He has represented his country in 9 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the 2011 Copa Centroamericana as well as at the 2011 Copa América and was a non-playing squad member at the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- "Profile". Goal.com. Retrieved 9 June 2011.
- "José Miguel Cubero se queda en Herediano tres años" (in Spanish). Al Dia. 25 April 2013.
- José Miguel Cubero – FIFA competition record
- Copa Centroamericana 2011 (UNCAF Nations Cup) Archived 2013-11-05 at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- Copa América 2011 - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2011 - Full Details Archived 2013-03-15 at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF